Couple isues with my V88

Guest Marcel B

Guest Marcel B

I Have more or less completed my install and configuration , i've had to work out a few bugs , but all is ok now (, except for the fact that I am not getting any spark on ignition output #1 :) ) When I first attempted to power up and configure the unit , it refused to connect ! I fought with it for half a day only to realize that it did not like the toggle switch I decided to use for power , although there was nothing wrong with it:oops: .

I got it running by jumping directly to the battery , I did this for a while , then decided to try the switch again , and guess what ...it works :o

Today I powered up and attempted to set up my outputs , with great sucess , everything worked as it was supposed to ................ EXCEPT AUX 10 ! I noticed that when I tried to set ot up offline ,the fields in all three columns would be ok until you selest SW3 . When you do this , the fields become jumbled , with the SW #1 the spot where the #2 was and the #3 where #1 was , needless to say it made no sense. I figured that the problem occured because I was ofline , so I connected , but got the same problem :evil: . I decided to power up the device (a pump) an see what it did..........It ran no matter what !!!! even when I switched to "not selected" . I turned on AUX #9 , used the same setting , and everything works as expected , what gives :?:

Anyway , with the computer powered up and connected to my laptop , I continued checking and testing everything , after I tested a couple GP PWM outputs , it happened .............. a dialog box appeared and said that the ECU was not responding . I looked for and checked everything :!: the ECU is just not turning on :!: , battery voltage is the same (ok above 12.5V) , the grounds are the same , nothing at all has ben changed , but the computer is just not switching on since I am not hearing the fuel pumps anymore:!:

I checked power at the battery , I checked power at both fuses and the fuses themselves , I checked my switched power sauce all checks out good , so what the hell is happening ?????

Guest Marcel B

I disconnected the power and closed the software yesterday , got up this morning ang powered it up .............same result :( no response from the ECU . Aas fopr the map , its the same one i've e mailed to you in the past.

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

Here is a screen shot from you last map you sent me. The Aux 10 is not working as you have nothing selected for condition 1.

Aux10_Output.jpg

That is no the case , If I knew how to take a screen shot I'd send you one .Let me describe it to you , with GP Output selected, I am trying to set up this output to turn on my WI pump > 130kp ,> 3500rpm and when DI 10 is on.Theis exactly how it looks .

MAP = 130kp........................................... Function = GP out ................................... SW Value3 = 10

Cond(1and2)or3 =RPMValue1.......................... DI Value=ON = 0 ....................................SW Cond 3= Di Value3=ON

Switch Logic =Cond(1and2)or3 ........................ SW Cond 2= MAP>value2...........................SwOff Timer = 0.3

I will try to save the map with this and send it to you. As for the grounds I will check again , but I doubt it since there are PROPERLY secured to the block , andI have not been doing anything around that area , also , the ECU was working fine then it just quit.

Also check the ground wire connections to the V88.

Guest Marcel B

Ok , but I have already used one of my other free outputs to do what I wanted and it works perfectly ,......... dont get me wrong , it will be great to get it fixed so I would be able to use it if I have to . Right now though , I have bigger fish to fry :!: My ECU still refuses to turn on :o , this really bugs (worrys) the hell outa me. I will be doing a detailed check of all the wire connections over the weekend.

Ok , but I have already used one of my other free outputs to do what I wanted and it works perfectly ,......... dont get me wrong , it will be great to get it fixed so I would be able to use it if I have to

Marcel, It works perfectly now. I have tested the settings above and they work. There is nothing to fix other then labels in the software.

Right now though , I have bigger fish to fry My ECU still refuses to turn on

Give the V88 to Wayne and let him plug it into another car and test it.

Guest Marcel B

OK I did , he called and said that everything is ok with the box , so I guess it has to be my wireing job :oops: , so do you think erminating the 4 ground wires at the same spot on the block can cause this :?:

Guest Marcel B

After checking everything , I found no problems , so I jumpered the weather pack connector that I'm using for power and separated the grounds.............the ECU turned on :D:D . Ok , so now I attempt to switch on the car and guess what :evil: "ECU not responding " is displayed :!: each and every time I turn the switch it disconnects . So I leave the switch off and try to download my map to put in some sensor information that I just received. Everything proceeds normally until it says ,its preparing to download the information to the ECU , then WAM :!: the ECU switches off :twisted: :twisted: . After speaking to Wayne (local dealer) , I tried to download another configuration file (I used the subaru EJ20) , It went through without any problems , except that A dialog box opened talking about the DBW calibration (or something like that ) and refused to close , so I disconnected the lap top , which also reported an error and restarted itself. After the laptop restart , I tried connecting and downloading the original file , this time with success :D:D:D .

So now I am back to trying to figure out the problem with the "key on power disconnection" , I noticed , when I connected power directly to the battery , that every time this happens , the MXL turns on , so I figured it had something to do with it. I reconnected the ECU power to the switched source and disconnected the dash ..., same thing happened . Then I set it all up again , re connected the dash and removed the adapter/converter box and ...........UREKA :!: when the adapter is connected the ECU disconnects and vice versa ......... :!: I do not think it is my wireing because the dash is receiving power , could it be the signal wires are wrong :?:

Guest Marcel B

Thats ok , I would have liked it to go without any hitches , but I know how this hobby can be , thanks for the support.

Would there be any wireing changes to go with it ? and what frequency should the data stream be set :?:

Marcel,

The AIM adaptor you have constantly requests data from the V88. This is part of the problem. The new version does not do this and the AIM dash has to request the data as it requires it. This adds one more wire to the AIM dash. I will be sending a new cable with the adaptor.

You do not select in the software that the V88 output the data all the time. This feature can be used where you have a dash or logger that cannot request the data.

Guest Marcel B

I dont know if its just my luck , but I recently had another wierd problem that sort of sorted itself out . I noticed when I powered up the ECU (by turning on the key) that the fuel pumps did not start :roll: , so yet again i went in and started checking :cry: :evil: What i noticed is that although it failed to prime , when I switched the output to "test(on)" the pumps would start. So I proceeded to try all my remaining outputs , (4in total) and they all did the same thing. So I tried switching the polarity to high using a spare relay that I had and what do you know ...... it worked :geek: I then switched the polarity back to low and it s been working suince :!: :?: wierd, just wierd . Both cooling fans also refused to turn on :cry: :evil: after checking .........yet again , I found that the BOSCH relays were water damaged and were causing the problem :!: .......... :twisted: All I have to do now is find the reason why ignition output #1 refuses to turn on :!:

All I have to do now is find the reason why ignition output #1 refuses to turn on

Take ignition output 1 wire (pin A13) from the connector and touch it to ground. You should get a spark. If not, then there is some issue with the wiring or coils.

If you do get a spark, then use the ignition test feature to see if you get spark. If you do, then you have some ignition setup setting that is not correct.

Guest Marcel B

Take ignition output 1 wire (pin A13) from the connector and touch it to ground. You should get a spark. If not, then there is some issue with the wiring or coils.

If you do get a spark, then use the ignition test feature to see if you get spark. If you do, then you have some ignition setup setting that is not correct.

Will do ............ but what set up issue could I have if the other three outputs (2-4) are working fine ?

Guest Marcel B

Ok so I went back into my harness :cry: :evil: and separated the ignition #1 output wire from the #1 input to my CDi (R500) . I set output #1 to test(on) and grounded it , no sparks :? I also grounded and powered the input wire to the CDi and also got nothing :cry: . I left it a while to :idea: , and decided to switch the wires to make sure the 1/2 channels on the CDi was ok , so I disconnected output #2 and connected it to input #1 on the CDi........., as expected , it worked . I then decided to try the #1 output from the V88 to the #1 input to the CDi again............ guess what :?: it freakin works :!: :!: :!: . Wierd I tell U , just freakin wierd :!: :!:

So now everything is reconnedted how it was originally and everything works...........except aux output #10 , no matter what is selected it just turns whatever is connected to it on , but I need a break now , I'll relook it after I start up an make 1,000,000 RWHP :D:D .

ps: I did play around with the main connector at the CDI box , maybe it was a bit loose :?: