Re: BASE MAPS

Top Tune NZ

No never got a base map. Still trying to nut out the setup. Looks like the Xtreme will only fire the injectors in groups of 6 which is not ideal. I was hoping to inject in groups of 2. There are enough channels to be able to do this. I will let you know how I get on if you like.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:53 PM, Jmatchstixx said:

Did anyone ever help you out with a map? im doing a link on a Jag v12 shortly 

No never got a base map. Still trying to nut out the setup. Looks like the Xtreme will only fire the injectors in groups of 6 which is not ideal. I was hoping to inject in groups of 2. There are enough channels to be able to do this. I will let you know how I get on if you like.

2 hours ago, Chop said:

like the Xtreme will only fire the injectors in groups of 6 which is not ideal. I was hoping to inject in groups of 2. There are enough channels to be able to do this.

The ECU can do semi-sequential but as I said earlier your engines firing order means it wont work well - some cylinders of the pairs would end up with incorrect injector timing, so some cylinders will behave differently under transients etc (i.e they wont get a full squirt before the intake valve opens).  This is why you will get a better result doing multipoint group and firing all injectors in two groups twice per cycle - then you will get much less variation between cylinders during transients.

On 10/3/2020 at 1:11 PM, Adamw said:

The ECU can do semi-sequential but as I said earlier your engines firing order means it wont work well - some cylinders of the pairs would end up with incorrect injector timing, so some cylinders will behave differently under transients etc (i.e they wont get a full squirt before the intake valve opens).  This is why you will get a better result doing multipoint group and firing all injectors in two groups twice per cycle - then you will get much less variation between cylinders during transients.

Thanks for that Adam. I understand the problem now.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi !

Can anyone help me with a basemap/startmap for my Audi 5cyl 7A turbo build. I bought the engine destroyed and had rebuild it so i dont really know why the car wont start with the map in the ECU.

I attach the file from my G4 Fury that was in the ECU when i bought the car.

I really just want it to start before i send it to the tuner.

Best Regards

cabben.pclr