FUEL LEVEL ??

Guest Marcel B

Here would be the best way to measure fuel level using a variable resistance sensor:

- Wire a pullup resistor to the sensor. Between ECU +5V Out and one side of the fixed resistance part of the sensor.

- Ground the other side of the fixed resistance to the ECU's sensor ground.

- Wire the variable resistance pin of the sensor to an ECU analog input.

- Set the input as GP Input.

- Select custom calibration 1 to 3.

- Set the custom calibrations input units to Volts and output units to %

- Set Output Table Start to 0 and Output Table Increments to 10.

- Put 0.0 in the tables first cell.

- Put 5.0 in the tables 100% cell and every cell above that

- Fill in the numbers between to get the correct % reading for different fuel levels

Guest Marcel B
Here would be the best way to measure fuel level using a variable resistance sensor:

- Wire a pullup resistor to the sensor. Between ECU +5V Out and one side of the fixed resistance part of the sensor.

- Ground the other side of the fixed resistance to the ECU's sensor ground.

- Wire the variable resistance pin of the sensor to an ECU analog input.

- Set the input as GP Input.

- Select custom calibration 1 to 3.

- Set the custom calibrations input units to Volts and output units to %

- Set Output Table Start to 0 and Output Table Increments to 10.

- Put 0.0 in the tables first cell.

- Put 5.0 in the tables 100% cell and every cell above that

- Fill in the numbers between to get the correct % reading for different fuel levels

The stock fuel level sender only has one pin ! The sender it self is grounded to the tank , so a fuel level gauge would be looking at change in resistance to ground . I dont think the V88 can measure this :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcel B

The stock fuel level sender only has one pin ! The sender it self is grounded to the tank , so a fuel level gauge would be looking at change in resistance to ground . I dont think the V88 can measure this :cry:

So are you agreeing with ashesman that this would be the way to wire it up ? can you please post a wireing diagram ?

That's great news and will save the people wanting to run the Racepak IQ3 dash $$. No need for the Vnet cable and USM module now if this works.

Let us know how this works out when you do it Marcel B.

Jeremy

Guest Marcel B

Yep , but CAL 5,6 and 7 are already in use ....no worries I have two flow sensors on each of my water injection stages , I can share this table with the fuel level sender , since I changed the units for the WI sensors from 0-5V = 0 -2000% (no cc's available) to 0-5V = 0 -100% . I think however , you all need to include a couple more cal tables to compliment the number of AN inputs provided ;)

Yep , but CAL 5,6 and 7 are already in use ....no worries I have two flow sensors on each of my water injection stages , I can share this table with the fuel level sender , since I changed the units for the WI sensors from 0-5V = 0 -2000% (no cc's available) to 0-5V = 0 -100% . I think however , you all need to include a couple more cal tables to compliment the number of AN inputs provided ;)

Cant you send me the info on the flow sensors for the Water injection?

[email protected]

Thx

Jeremy