LINK LMX?

Nick Fouhy

well im able to get a link LMX pretty much free. due to t heir old age. I would been keen on trying this on my L28ET build im doing. I know the LMX is a simple ECU nothing majory fancy. Would this actaully run a simple l28et setup effectvly ? And be able to support around 250rwkw ? Thanks for the replys :)

The biggest problem is that if you have come across one second hand it will most likely not be set up for your engine's triggering.  If it is an old blue and grey unit then it can no longer be supported.  If it is a green and white unit then it can be set up for your engine.  Getting 250kw will not be a problem if you can find someone who can tune it.  My recommendation, best spend the money and try to get hold of a later unit...

I cant tell from the pictures if it is a fuel only computer.  It can however be upgraded to the latest spec if required (best to consider the upgrade price before buying however).  Contact [email protected] for an upgrade price.  Also if you send a photo of inside the ECU they will be able to tell you if it is a fuel only and if it will run your L28 engine...

• 3 weeks later...

If you can read the text that is on the sticker on the main micro that will tell us alot.

The ECU is currently set for a reluctor pick up. The L28 dissy might match this or it could have an optical type which would then require a sub-board change.

Worst case you are looking at an upgrade to V5 spec at $330 + gst

Regards

Simon

It is a V1 ECU (early with no PC tuning).

If the crank set up you have has 3 teeth one for each TDC and a reluctor sensor this ecu will do the trick without any changes.

Otherwise a sub-board swap will allow the use of the optical setup. Cost of this is $87 + gst

Simon