Set up for hall effect sensor?

Guest |187|

I will be running a hall effect sensor triggered by magnets in my cam gear and I'm trying to find out how the Vipec wants the magnet orientation? I haven't set the magnets in my gear yet so I'm trying to find some info on it to make sure I do it correctly.

Any info on this would be great. Also in the Vipec help software I can find the pin outs but not a wiring schematic does one exist?

Thanks

Matt

I'm looking for the proper number of magnets and positioning of the magnets in relation to the hall sensor.

Im running a 4 cylinder with no distributor I will be mounting a hall effect sensor on the exhaust cam gear with rare earth magnets potted into the gear. My plan for now is to run Yamaha R6 coils if they hold up to the power ~700hp and a M&W pro14 cdi. I will not have a crank sensor it will only be the hall sensor.

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

To run the engine multi coil, wasted spark, the Vipec will need four signals for every camshaft revolution. No sync signal would be needed.

If you want sequential, then you will need the four signals, plus a sync signal.

I do not have a lot of confidence in that method of getting a trigger signal.