U2NDyno.com S14

Guest |202|

Hey guys...popping in from Toronto.

I have my V44 on order and am excited to get this up and running in the car. This car has run the gammit when it comes to ECUs: PowerFC, AEM EMS and most recently Autronic SM4.

This car is used for general track abuse and fun.

Let me know what you think...

o_Car%20and%20Trailer.jpg

o_Cooling%20after%20Shakedown.jpg

o_Tuning.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest |202|

Finally found some time to get the car back up-and-running...had a few interesting experiences.

1) As I started tp get into boost, the car started to have bad ignition breakup. I was running slock coilpacks and ignition because somehow my splitfires got damaged and only two were firing. The break-up issues were easily rectified but when the car was breaking up I had some massive issues with the software. The software would freeze and drop/loose connection. The only thing I can think is that the car was loosing voltage and dropping the connection but that just seems strange. When the ignition was fixed, the software performance flawlessly.

2) For boost control I am using an Apexi AVCR solenoid and could not get it to behave well. I'm wondering what solenoids anyone else is using out there? Anyone else experience boost control issues?

At the end of the day and once all the bugs were worked out, the car tuned out very easily and felt very good. Nice product so far...

Guest |273|

I'm using a solenoid from GREDDY PRofec B SPEC 2 on my Nissan

Works perfect with S14 plug in board and I do not have any issues. I did charge frequency from 50hz to 20hz under boost Solenoid in my Aux Output as per F1 (help file) recommendation

Greg

• 3 months later...

Recently just put another SR into my car, did a quick 1hr retune now controlling boost with ViPEC. Works wonderfully.

This is a completely stock S13 SR. Stock Manifolds, Stock Cams, motor was never cracked. The only modifications to the motor are GT2871R, Nismo 740cc Injectors, Splitifre Coilpacks and of course tuned with ViPEC V44. Bolt-ons include FMIC with custom SG-Motorsport IC Piping and 3" Downpipe and dump. That's it.

Boost pressure = 16psi

o_U2NDynoVipec16psi.JPG

• 1 month later...
After - still needs loom

o_Jumper-Done.jpg

Excellent work here. I have one question, what do you use to support the pins so they cannot break off the ECU connector? I had to make a second PNP harness for my old Megasquirt setup as I wiggled one of the final pins too hard and snapped it off. That was rather annoying. :evil: The second harness went off without a hitch, I was just very careful and secured it to the ECU case, and ran it out the back of the ECU case. I'd rather just have the connector - no case - but am worried about snapping pins.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey folks, time to swap things up again. Out with the turbo 4cyl motor...in with the big V8. This setup will be controlled by V88.

Stay tuned for more progress.

o_Stock%20LS1.jpg

Below are some of the parts already collected...the build starts in the new year.

o_Custom%20Oil%20Pan.jpg

o_Drive%20Shaft.jpg

o_Longtube%20Headers%202.jpg

o_Sikky%20CNCd%20Mount%20Kit.jpg

o_T56%206spd.jpg