Gear Change Help

Eric

I need to set a sort of a limiter on my gear change but I would like to trigger it but my self using a switch which I have on my shifter. It is the Gear Cut control? Can you please help me with the configuration. My shifting point should be somewhere  about 9000rpm.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, I think you should use the gear-cut control function.

• Set the control channel up to be the DI which you have your switch connected to. 
  • Activation point > (RPM) This is up to you, but as you shift somewhere about 9000 rpm, setting this at 8800 could be a sensible number.
  • Activation point > (TP) Again, this is up to you, but maybe somewhere around 80%?
  • Cut Level This is going to take some experimentation to find what works best for your setup. 90% is quite common and would be a good starting point.

Most of the other settings are ones you are going to have to play with to work out what is best. If you right click on a function and select 'Whats this' you should get linked through to the relevant help section. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Scott