G4 and knock link on R32 GTR

Tim Wilhelmsen

Hello,

As the title suggests I run a G4 ECU on my R32 GTR. Now I am installing a knock link which I would like to data log. I have purchased the expansion connector for the G4. I will be using DI 1-6, the brown wire on the expansion cable which takes the Window out from the knock link, where my confusion comes from is the installation of the window in to the Aux. For the R32 GTR and the G4 I see that Aux 5 has no description and is set to off while Aux 1 is labeled as FP Control 2 and is also set to off. I was intending on using Aux 1 so that I don't loose my air conditioning,  when I find pin 113 on the GTR's loom which is where Aux 1 should be found there is no wire. Where to from here? Can you connect to the pin on the computer and get access to both Aux 1 and 5?

Thanks Tim

Hi Tim,

First I will assume you're talking about a KnockBlock instead of a KnockLink.

Aux 1 is also connected to pin 106, so check that for a wire too.

If you want to use a pin that has no wire in it, you can either move a terminal from another unused position, get a spare wire with terminal from a wreckers or contact you local dealer to buy a terminal. They are very similar to the large and small terminals used on G3 computers.

Aux 5 is not available on the R32 PlugIn

- Cameron

Hello Cameron

Thank you so much for your reply, You are correct I am installing a KnockBlock. There is a wire located in position 106 I will continue and use this one. Now you have told me the answer I can see this was in the pin out instruction all along, sorry for the silly question, I will pay closer attention next time.

Thanks Tim

• 4 months later...

Hello again, it has been quite sometime and now I'm in the process of getting everything running. I have now had the car idling and am receiving voltage from the KnockBlock into AnV2.when looking at my knock levels per cylinder I notice that cylinder 1 and 6, 2 and 5, 3 and 4 are paired. Have I done something wrong? Or is this due to my car running wasted spark and perhaps giving fewer window signals....Can I get individual knock numbers per cylinder? Also I have noticed that in the runtime values screen under auxiliary A1 Knock Window is switching on and off while the engine is running, perhaps this is the signal switching or perhaps this is my fault. Sorry if this question is basic and I have missed the point.

Thanks Tim

If you are running wasted spark two cylinders will always be paired together.  Since it fires cylinders 1&6, 2&5, and 3&4 together it also retards them together so you can't get individual cylinder knock control.  For that you must be setup for sequential ignition.