Sign in to follow this  
ken1436215443

Supra JZA80 G4 Extreme wire in

I wire everything in according to the supra plug in ecu . I use the base map and pinout as my guide. I order a 400mm A / B loom and mate it with my oem harness. ONE thing i notice when i was reading the manual is that the trigger 1 & 2  both have 2 wire and a shield. 1 white for sensor ground a shield to ground with the white wire. 1 red for the trigger 2 positive. Same with trigger 1 with a black positive wire. BUT on my A loom I only have 1 for each trigger . A black with green strip and a red with green strip. NO white wire, no shield. So how would i wire this in?

THANKS

Trig 1 wire to the +side of the crank sensor

Trig 2 wire to the + side of the cam sensor.

Both - sides need to be connect to a sensor ground

If there is a shield this should be attached to the shield pin on the ECU as long as its not connected to a ground at any other point.

I got a question for exactly the same application, there isnt a shield pin on the ecu, i noticed on the crank angle sensor there is a grounding at the base (which i assume is for the shielding), but on the cam angle sensor it is not done the same way (may be done internally ?). Also the crank shaft trigger (sensor i assume) has a +ve and -ve pin. Should we be connecting the -ve pin as i see on the g4 it doesnt have a -ve specifically for any of the triggers ?

Thanks

- side is tied to the sensor ground in our loom.

The same for the shield ground non G4 wire in units

On the Storm and Xtreme units the shield should attach to pin 7 on the A plug