what is needed for Sierra Cosworth

Nadir George Abdel Halim

Hello my name is George from Athens Greece.

I want to find out what i need to make a wasted spark kit for a sierra cosworth using Link G4 storm.I ahve the standard setup with low impendance injectors,so bear in mind for a complete low budget if i can wasted spark cosworth engine.I also use PF01 tps which i think with closed throttle is open circuit.If i need please add.

Many thanks in advance

George

Good afternoon George,

The G4 Storm is not capable of driving low impedance injectors directly, you will therefore need a ballast resistor pack. The G4 Storm also requires an external ignitor for each ignition coil. With your TPS, does it have a voltage output that changes as you move the throttle? If you wish to use TPS based tuning then it will need to be able to do this. Note that the  G4 Storm has an inbuilt MAP sensor, so you may be able to use this instead.

Cheers,

Scott.

Hello Scott,

my tps is weber PF01 item.As i read it is open circuit when off throttle and when apply a little throttle it reads voltage which moves from 0,5v-5v (or the opposite,i don't remember exactly).The main reason i ask for TPS is if this one breaks i cannot find new or the newer one PF09,and when you find the later is very expensive.If you know anything which can fit with or without modification to the buterrfly it will be great.Also i want to change the idle control valve as this is always stuck,unreliable and expensive also.I beleive if i buy some new parts which are less expensive will be better too.

Thanks in advance

George

Hi again George,

Does your current TPS have a D shaped shaft into the sensor? If yes then you will be able to get an aftermarket replacement TPS if your one should die. I know we can supply them to work in the clockwise or ant--clockwise direction.

If you want pricing information please email [email protected]

It is worth doing some research, you likely find a suitable ISC solenoid off a modern car at a wreckers for a good price.

Cheers,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

just seen the answers.

I think it is D shaped as it impossible this time to take it out.I'll do this in about a month.

Jason i am worried about this red tps because i think it is not so reliable and when it gets broke i cannot find any as new,and if i find any it will be so expensive without reason.Of course i want to thank you about your answer.

many thanks

Regards

George