EVO III 4G63 with EVOLinkG3

GT_maxwell

Any one use the new EVOlinkG3 on an evo 3 before?. is the unit come with MAP sensor, and Air Temp Sensor, as I like to take way the MAF for my car.. is the unit come with Base map, any support for some area where not easy to get good Mechanic to tune...etc please send information on what mod is your car.. as I am looking to buy it.. regards Maxwell

I fitted the EVOLink G3 to an Evo 3 myself last night!  The ECU is shipped with a MAP sensor but not IAT sensor

(they can be supplied if required).  The EVoLink does not use the AFM at this stage (it has provision for it if for future development), so you will not be using it anyways and may as well take it out.  At this stage we have only a base configuration that will get the engine up and running, but may be able to obtain a better base map once last nights car is tuned.  Note that ALL base maps require further tuning as there is always variations between vehicles, fuels and modifications...

Tks Bro. So I can take away MAF right?. And Need the add the Air Temp too right?. As for the Base Map. Would it be possible That I send out the detail on what we have don't with the engine and than can ask them to do a map accounding to the Spec and Detail that I send out to them? As my area are not easy to find a good Tuner, or any Link Dealer at this area. O do Link provide tranning? please provide the detail if they have provide tranning on how to tune up they ECU(map)...etc

Yes you will be able to remove the MAF meter.  You will use the MAF connector to wire a MAP sensor (supplied) and an IAT sensor (optional but recommended).

There is nobody who can take the spec's of your engine and generate a suitable base map.  You will need a tuner to get the best from your car.

We do provide training, but to our dealers only.  In order to do tuning yourself you will need tuning equipment that costs about 100 times as much as the ECU!  Being able to have a play wirth some settings yourself does no harm, but it is important that you get an experienced tuner to do your car...

Tks As for when I purchase the EVOLinkG3, is the unit come with base map(For EVO3)? Is it save to drive with Base map? I have some friend which have Wide Band Sensor with data log, so the only things to do the tunning will be on street, where we need to get a good road which have no car on it. Where we use it to tune the E-Manage Ultimate. O do you have any dealer in Malaysia, what are the requirment to become a dealer? And any help possible with the tunning, when we went into some problem....

At the moment we have no base tune for an EVO III as we have not yet come accross a standard enough car to develop a base map.  As with all our ECU's and base maps, we recommend they are tuend by a professional tuner as they are only a starting point.  The base settings we have will be enough to start your engine and allow it to drive (but I will not say safely).  There is much more to tuning than driving down a road with a wideband sensor.  I strongly recommend you consider travelling to a proper tuning shop with a dynometer.  Dealership is usually only offered to professional tuning shops who can support our produst and provide as a minimum full installation and tuning services.  I can offer ECU setup help if you get stuck, but cannot turn you into an engine tuner.... only experience can do that.

Ya, that's cool Bro. If you can help us with the setup than I am sure we can have find some one to do the final tune for us. As for now we will have to complete the Engine first. Get all the items that need to be done on the engine before we will start with the EMS(LinkEVO3).. I will keep up date of the engine items that we have put in.. than once complete the engine, I will need all the help I can get to set up the ECU.. tks...for your help

• 9 years later...

Hi,

I am totally newbie, i am wondering, is there any wiring diagram for an EVO wiring so i can buy and (Plug & play Link EVO 3 ECU) into it and then start the car and drive to the tuner to tune ?

1) i am confusing how to change original air flow sensor into MAP sensor / IAT SENSOR (because original evo3 air flow sensor have 7 wires).

2) with Link evo3 ECU Plug & play can i have different settings like  different boost control with switchable tables by triggering with switch  button ? 

So i can save some $$ on the installation.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Coolkit

Edited by coolkit91

Hi Coolkit,

I believe I've emailed you in response to these questions, but for anyone else in the future, here is the answers:

1) The base-map in our plug-in ECUs are from engines with very little modifications. Depending on what you have done to your engine will determine how appropriate the base-map is. If you are unsure I recommend installing the ECU at your tuner's workshop.

2) The EVO 1 to 3 plug-in ECU comes with an on-board 4.0 bar (absolute) MAP sensor, you will need to run a vacuum line from the inlet manifold to the MAP sensor on the ECU.

3) Yes you can use switches to make the ECU switch boost, fuel, and ignition tables. The ECU's expansion connector contains two digital input channels that can be used for this, so consider ordering an expansion connector loom when ordering your ECU.