Engine monitor

Guest |172|

Ray we are currently developing an engine monitor to interface with the Vi-PEC along with a few other items. What command protocol does the Vi-PEC use. Is this available for us?

The unit will satisfy a lot of the people who enjoy the simple dash interface similar to the Power FC commander unit.

Does the Vi-PEC have the ability to send a knock level value?

Yes we are producing these units as an add-on feature for the Vi-PEC. The first units are complete, just got to do the installation and testing. The screen will have a much better backlight than the Apexi Commander unit. Will post up some pics soon.

The units are now complete. we need access to a Skyline R32 plug-in ecu for testing and a data cable to plug into the rs232 port on the monitor. Can we organise something Ray...if so that would be great.

Mark is orgainsing us a loan ecu unit for testing purposes...thanks Godzilla. So all we need now is the right cable to access the ecu data. Ray this test ecu is a plug-in board so whatever cable we need to go from the board to the monitors rs232 port is what we require. Email me the details including cost etc to [email protected]

thanks

Paul

ok whats the go with ordering one (the CAN to RS232 cable)...do i have to go through a dealer or can i buy one off you direct ? If i can buy one through you whats the procedure for ordering.

thanks Ray

Paul

• 1 month later...

Right...the units are finished and the software is as well. Installed mine into our racecar using the V88 can port...it has already been configured to display 9 of the Vi-PEC's engine parameters as default, with more able to be added or changed. The unit comes with a 4 line blue with white LCD display as well as external shift lights, warning lights and buzzer. Shall take a couple of pics and post them up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest |172|

first pics of the engine monitor...will update with more info after full installation and testing is complete.

The unit plugs straight into the CAN bus port and is fed data direct from the Vi-PEC.

my photography skills are a little bit poor.

img1125.jpg

Guest |172|

Yes they are $599 and come with full harness, installation instructions, software package and dash kit that includes shift lights, remote buttons, buzzer and warning light.

these are the retail prices in Australian dollars. Trade pricing available for Ray and the Vi-PEC dealer list.

Guest |289|

Have you considered incorporating an accelerometer and other external sensors?

I'm making something very similar for myself. I've got to figure out how to get the pic to interpret canbus. :?

What controller does this use if you don't mind me asking?

• 3 months later...
Guest |172|

Quite a few of the circuit guys in QLD use these...i also have one installed in our drag car.

We have had a few enquiries from race boat guys with the idea of a perspex cutout on the dash with the buttons from the accessory kit used to interface the unit.