Self tuning with the narrow band Oxy sensor?

Matt Dunn

I have noticed that the lambda menu had chnaged from V4 to V5 LEM so the narrow band oxy sensor cannot be used to tune the whole programe as it used to in the older models. has this feature also changed in the Linkplus G1's as the older LPV10 I have also has the older multi-zone type lambda options?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It is important to diferentiate between "Auto Tune" and closed loop lambda!  Auto tune is a feature which tunes your ECU for you, which noone has managed to actually acheive yet.  Closed loop lambda is a feature that helps trim an already tuned ECU's fueling to provide improved economy and emissions.  We are currently working on a CLL system similar to that used by most vehicle manufacturers that continuously adjusts off power mixture to acheive an AFR entered by the tuner.  This will be released soon, I cannot give an exact date as it depends how well testing goes...

• 4 months later...

Yup, G3 has had CLL that can be used with narrow band or wide band O2 for about three months now.   It is an emissions system that targets 14.7:1 (or any value with a wide band sensor).  Lots of people are using it and are very happy.   Full auto-tune is coming soon...

• 2 months later...

We have not set a date yet (intentionally to avoid pressure!).  Auto tune is designed to assist tuning the engine initially where as CLL is designed to be a continual function always trimming the mixture while driving...  note that even with auto-tune a consideravble amount of tuning knowledge is required as well as all the required tuning tools...

• 1 month later...