Ver1/2 Subaru Plug-In Won't Start

William Hurt

Ver 1/2 Subaru Plug-in running Deatschwerks 650cc sidefeed injectors. Injector deadtimes have been modified in the base map but the car will not start. It cranks and fuel pressure is good and coils are firing. I'm showing a Trigger 1 error count of 1 and a red flag on the ANVolt 4 Status '0volts/gnd' when cranking. There are no secondary Analog inputs. Any input would be appreciated.

Hi William,

ANVolt 4 is your Oxygen sensor, so that shouldn't be a problem. An error count of 1 usually occurs on cranking as the computer hasn't seen a sync pulse yet. Are you getting fuel? Have you calibrated your TPS? You may have to lower your master fuel value because of the larger injectors.

-Cameron

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm getting fuel. Fuel pressure is 50 psi during cranking and I pulled the return line and fuel is returning to the tank. I calibrated the TPS before cranking the car. There is a slight fuel smell in the exhaust tail pipe after cranking. I tried lowering the master fuel to 8ms, but no luck. Dumb question, but if the injector dead times are off by 0.5ms at 11-12v, would that prevent the car from starting or would it crank and just have a rough idle? I'm double checking my injector latency values to make sure they are correct, but I may be off by 0.5ms in the 11-12v range.

Hi William, An incorrect pulse width of half a millisecond with 650cc would have an affect on the AFR at low load, but i would doubt it would affect its ability to start. If you have been cranking it with a much too large pulse width it is possible that you have fouled the plugs. Best thing to do is remove them, see if they are fouled up and either clean or replace them depending on the condition. Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding. I changed the injectors back to stock and stock heat range plugs and noticed I had the fuel lines reversed. The car started and ran well. I've since changed back to 1-step colder plugs, 650cc injectors, Link boost controller and Link 2.5 Bar Map sensor. Currently I'm getting a Map sensor calibration error with the Link 2.5 Bar sensor. I re-installed the Ver1-6 stock Map sensor, but I'm still getting a calibration error. I am using the G4 Plug-in analog input wire loom and my wiring looks correct. After re-installing the Map sensor, I made sure that the analog inputs were correct. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi William

Check that you don't have two channels set to the map sensor function. And that the one you are using is set to the correct type of map sensor.

Also make sure the Link sensor is wired to a 5V supply not 12V

Thanks Simon, I've double checked my analog inputs to make sure I didn't have the Map Sensor selected twice. I've disabled the stock map sensor under AN Volt 1 channel and I'm using the AN Volt 5 position (on the Link analog loom) for the Link 2.5 bar sensor. I'm using the 5V power wire on the analog loom for the Link 2.5 bar sensor as well as the ground and signal wires. One thing I did was run the vacuum hose from the Ver1-6 Pressure Exchange Solenoid to the Link 2.5 bar sensor (this was the same plumbing as the Ver1-6 stock Map sensor). Should I bypass the Pressure Exchange Solenoid and run my vacuum line directly from the Link 2.5 bar sensor to the intake manifold? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...