map sensor calibration on a g4

motionper

i installed a gm 3 bar map sensor on my g4  i turned off an volt 5 and used an volt 4-i tried the 3 bar setting in the menu and it will not calibrate-the numbers from the manufactuer are 1.1-0 volts- 315.5 5 volts- i tried creating a calibration on channel 4 still no go-i went back and turned on an volt 5 for the built in map and it won't calibrate any ideas????

Hi Bob,

So what you are stating is you have a GM 3 BAR map sensor wired to your G4.

You have tried connecting it to both analogue volt inputs 4 and 5.

But when you go to the OPTIONS TAB at the top of the screen and go down to the 7 th selection MAP SENSOR CALIBRATION,  click on this selection it wont calibrate, correct.

99% of the time when I see these errors the customer / installer has not terminated the MAP sensor correctly to the ECU.

The ECU will display an out of bounds or error code <5 or 5> than BAP or MAP, I cant quite remember exactly the error message.

This error is fairly common as the schematic diagram for GM MAP sensors I have seen come in two different formats.

One the pin out will show the example looking down on top of the MAP sensor with the 3 pin allocations and descriptions.

The second will come looking from underneath the MAP sensor and it will show the vacuum hose fitting

on the right of the MAP sensor which just looks like a circle,

This confusion normally leads to the two outer pins being located incorrectly.

Swap the 5 volt ref and sensor ground wires over (the two outer wires) and try to recalibrate.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dave.

• 1 month later...

I just connected a gm 3 bar but it won't calibrate. I get the same error message as bob. The map is showing 17 kpa and 1.77v.

I've tried switching the wires. When i did i got 2kpa and voltage is 0v. So rhe wires should be the other way around.

Changed back the wires and now the map is showing 210kpa and 3.25v. What happened now? The map sensor is giving out higher voltage all the sudden.