G4 GTS/GTR Link Air Con

Bevan Marshall

Hey, Have just installed a G4 plugin into my R33 GTS25t Skyline. Have gone through all the initial setups and have the car running and driving sweet. The problem im having is, a few seconds (5-10 secs) after starting the engine, the air conditioning compressor kicks in and stays on. The Air Con button on the dash has no effect on the compressor whatsoever. Switching it from A/C ON to A/C OFF does nothing, niether does turning the climate system off all together. Basically i cant have the interior fans on blowing ambient air temp around, its ice cold all the time, and the engine is loaded up from the compressor constantly. Is there an option im missing here somewhere in the settings? Thanks in advance! Bevan

Hi Bevan.

This will most like be to do with the AUX or DI set up. This example pic shows a basic set up, but it is not nessisarily like your settings should be exactly.  I would say just play with the DI's pull up resistor and on level, and the polarity on the AUX. 

F12 brings up the runtimes (lower parts of the pic), and you can see the state of the DI or AUX there.  Air con request, and air con clutch MUST exist in the same map as they tie in to each other, and there can't be one of them selected twice anywhere as this will cause probs.

Start with testing the DI by operating the button and looking to see if the runtime display shows a response.  If not, change one thing... Try again etc.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/linkelectro/ACsetupexample.jpg

Jurgen

Seems as if i figured it out. Thanks Jurgen. Polarity on the Aux Output needed to be on High. The only wierd thing is, that its opposite. So when the clutch is off (ac not going) the Runtime says its ON. And when i press the A/C button to turn it on, the Runtime says OFF. lol. Other than that it works as it should as it did with the stock ECU. It wont cause any issues being, as it seems, reversed?

Hi Bevan.

You should have an 'On Level' setting on the DI there somewhere.  If you have your 'On Level' set as 'High' for example... The ECU will know that the [device/switch] is meant to be in a physically ON state when it senses that line is high, and will display 'ON' in the F12 runtime.

The AUX/AC Pump F12 response.  Weird.  How is the relay wired?  Let us know if the DI says the right thing after you adjust it.

Jurgen

Right now it is as follows: DI4: Air Con Request Pullup Resistor - OFF On Level - HIGH AUX3: Air Con Clutch Polarity - HIGH Clutch Release - TP (MAIN) SW OFF Value - 90 Clutch Delay - 0.3s Does this look correct to you? Im starting to wonder if it does need to be changed (even though it is working) because we are having trouble with the idle when the button is pressed. Again its reversed. Press the A/C button and the idle drops to 500rpm, then will jump back up. And when its switched off again, the revs shoot up to 1000rpm before settling. I would expect that to be opposite again.. lol.

• 1 year later...

Hey

Just had the air con system re-gassed and the auto electrician is unable to get the air compressor to work, he said that there might be a problem with the ecu. I plugged in the standard ecu and the air con system working perfect.

Plugged the notebook into the G4 and found that the settings are the same as per diagram second post by Jurgen.

Could you please let me now as we are having a heat wave in Sydney.

Cheers

Nick