IAT Sensors + Precalibrated profiles

Chipset

As mensioned in the help file - manual of the ecu the are 2 prefered Bosch IAT sensors wich are : 'The recommended sensor for turbocharged is a Bosch 0 280 130 085. On naturally aspirated engines this sensor may be substituted for a 0 280 130 039, which is cheaper and easier to fit.' But when you are going to setup an analog iput as a IAT sensor there are only the following choices -Std Bosch NTC -Bosch 0 280 130 017 -Hella 6PT 009 109 041 -Delphi AC -KTY83 -Cal Table 1 -Cal Table 2 -Cal table 3 - And 2 more for Yamaha FX/FZ My question is which of the previous recalibrated profiles are the right one for those 2 prefered bosch sensors, cause from what i can see in the specs datasheet those two have different characteristics ( Different temprature VS resistance ) so there must be 2 diff profile .. But i cant see none. Here is the screenshot for the details of those two (From the official Bosch datasheet) http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9554/tempsensor.jpg I also attached the official datasheet for better reading Thanks in advance

sensors_temperature.pdf

Hi Chipset,

It's along time since we tested those sensors but our notes suggest they had the same calibration (despite the picture, we may have to revisit this).

It seems the Standard Bosch cal should cover the '026, '039, '085, '070, '097 Bosch sensors.

With the Std Bosch you should see 2.5kOhms at 20degC, the other Bosch sensor (017) will be 1.65kOhm at 20degC.

Hope that helps

-Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you have any progress on this ? Its crispy clear that those two have different ressistance VS temp curves and we need the right calibration to get the max from the open type sensor Bosch 0 280 130 085 Thank you in advance

• 3 months later...

Hey Chipset, I did look into this (and was then interrupted by a silly earthquake).

The answer is yes they are different, but only 1degC out from each other so too close to justify a dedicated calibration. I verified this with testing as well.

The different curves aren't actually that different if you adjust the scales to match (I did this photoshop style to confirm).

Hope that helps -Cameron