G3 LEM upgrade to G4 4.7.1 -> AN V7 - 11 faults

Jean Niemi

I just upgraded a G3 LEM to a G4 (4.7.1.) firmware. Upgrade itself went without difficulties, but some how I now have 5 faults I cannot get rid of. Software is showing that the Analog Voltage channels from 7 to 11 are at GND. As far as I know this ECU does not have this many AN Voltage I/Ps. I have the ECU powered in bench feeding only +12V and ground, nothing else is connected. 

How / where do I get rid of the faults in the software, while software allows me to choose only AN V1, 3, 4 and 5?

What AN Voltage I/Ps in the 1,3,4 and 5  in software refer to, as this ECU has only  two Analog voltage pins?

Hi Jean,

It seems you didn't read the G3 to G4 Upgrade instructions.

7. Connect to the ECU and perform a reload on your ECU, all data will be erased. 

· G3 ECUs have channels named Load Input. G4 ECUs have renamed these as AnVolt channels. This causes G3 AnVolt channel numbers to differ from G4 AnVolt channel numbers. For example Load1 becomes AnVolt1, Load2 becomes AnVolt2, Load3 becomes AnVolt3, AnVolt1 becomes AnVolt4, AnVolt2 becomes AnVolt5... etc.

The reload should fix those inaccessible AnVolts, if it doesn't you can use the map attached and then copy your setting over the top.

Hope that helps

-Cameron

Hi Matt,

There have been a few 'visibility' issues on older PCLink versions which should now be corrected. As you say, the pin doesn't even exist on the G3. As all G3/G4 units use the same firmware, units with less outputs have the extra ones (like AnV11) hidden, where a Linkplus G3 has it available. Not only do the smaller versions not have the physical pin for the input, but it also lacks the supporting hardware (filter and buffers etc) on the board, making them cheaper to produce etc.

-Cameron

Thanks Cameron,

'Restore to Factory settings' did the trick and I got rid of the ghost AN voltage channels.  Calling it 'reload' in the Help-file confused me, as the software menu has it 'restore'. I am not too good in English, you see ;)

It is fixed now. Thank you!