4D - 5D fuel tables

Guest |99|

Hi,

I need to add a bit of refinement to my fueling requirements but am not sure of the procedure. The problems is:

- Target boost setpoint is achieved from 5000 RPM through to 8000 RPM - no problem there.

- @ nominal 7000 RPM the boost setpoint is maintained from throttle position of 65% -> 100% which means there is a change in air flow but the ECU just sees MAP and RPM to set the fuel point. I am guessing that this is where the 4D etc fuel tables come in. I would appreciate some help in understanding how these additional tables work and how they can be set up for this application. NOTE: The main fuel table is setup as MAP vs RPM with the fuel equation as LOAD = MAP.

Second area of help is:

For rapid spooling turbos is there a way of allowing for a "transient MAP compensation" so that additional fuel can be added during these rapid spool conditions without having to artificially compensate in the mid range of the main fuel table?

Thanks

I would recommend you use MGP as the Y axis of the fuel table. You will then have barometric correction.

The 4D table can be used to make corrections to fuel control based on the axis values you select. In your case a TPS axis could be used.

On your second question, I cannot see how this could be implemented at the moment. I will see if this can be added.

Ray.