Hi! Im new!

Guest |257|

Well.. this is my first post and an introduction to my proyect..

My name is Bruno, Im from Argentina.. and ive purchased a V44 ecu for my 1.6 litre FWD subaru impreza turbo project..

since the v44 doesnt arrive yet to argentina.. ive spend some time reading the v44 manual.. and the v44 software manual (that ive converted to .doc extension for printing and reading.. hlp files are very difficult to read! and the v44 is particulary a big manual) and i have a cuple of questions..

In the soft. manual says that is highly recomended to use an intake temperature sensor to measure the intake air temperature.. my model doesnt have such sensor and I didnt purchase it from Apex Speed Tech (the shop who I have bought the v44) .. I whant to know if i can use an aftermarket (like magnetti marelli, bosh, etc) or use the air tempereature sensor that cames in another models of subaru impreza.. and what is the consequences of not using it..! (the manual says that the car will run leaner or richer depending the ambient temperature, but how much? cuz you can use autotune to target AFR)

Another question is about the differences between sequential and grouped injection.. its only for emissions or does it have another advantajes.. because again.. my car doesnt came with a camshaft sensor but i can ad one since i have the DOHC heads of the WRX impreza.. if sequential inj. is the way to go.. i can put one..

And my last question.. my car does came with an O2 resistor "sensor"... does this sensor can help me tune the car in any way?

Thanks for the support.. and for my english!

I wil be uploading photos when the vipec arrives!!! :D

Best Regards.. Bruno.

hi ray!! thats great!! I didn know that the vipec comes with those sensors..!! (i only was aware of the internal map)

regarding the manual.. im talking about the software help file.. http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/ViPEC_Help.hlp

that file as far i can see.. has the most important information.. thats the reason ive printed it..

and what do you recomend about the injection setup???

Best regads..

Bruno

regarding the manual.. im talking about the software help file.. http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/ViPEC_Help.hlp

I forgot about that file. I need to remove it as it is out of date. The software version 4.3.4 has a new help format. It also includes the V44 and V88 manual. From the software you can print any of the pages.

Sequential injection will get better emissions. In most cases the way the engine runs will not be noticeable. There are cases where sequential is an advantage. If the engine has mild cams and long intake runners, then group injection will be okay.

Hey Bruno! I should have checked this earlier!

Thanks for buying the VIPEC from us. Let me know if we can help you in any way. Ray seems to have handled all your questions already, but I'll give you a bit of input here....

If you can easily mount a WRX cam sensor and have it trigger once every revolution, I would do that. Sequential injection does have some driveability, idle and fuel consumption benefits. However, if you want you can always begin without the cam sensor and add it later.

-Neel