Re: splitfire coil pack dwell times

Lawrence martin

hi i know the coil pack dwell times for the rb26dett are 1.7 ms however the link uses a more complex table for dwell times, i was wondering if any tuners would be especially kind and send m,e the dwell times for the splitfires or do you just use the standard settings, at the mo i have 1.7 across the whole table which is obviously not correct but it runs fine, i would prefer it to be correct though also i still cant seem to start a new post without it showing n text please sort this forum out its the only one i use that does it!

• 1 year later...

Previously Lawrence martin wrote:

hi i know the coil pack dwell times for the rb26dett are 1.7 ms however the link uses a more complex table for dwell times, i was wondering if any tuners would be especially kind and send m,e the dwell times for the splitfires or do you just use the standard settings, at the mo i have 1.7 across the whole table which is obviously not correct but it runs fine, i would prefer it to be correct though also i still cant seem to start a new post without it showing n text please sort this forum out its the only one i use that does it!

Hey Lawrence, I am currently on the same hunt for dwell times for rb26 with splitfire coils. Did you ever get it sorted or did you just continue to run with 1.7 across the board. Hope to hear from you regarding this Ben

Hi Lawrence and Ben

A flat 1.7 will be fine to use at 14V

It will need to be increased at lower voltages.

In some cases you need to run lower dwells at high RPM as the coils then start to be on for much more of the time and can start to over heat. Have not struck this on the splitfire coils.

• 3 months later...