Full length G4 loom connecting to full length factory loom

Shamil1436215439

Hi there
Im using a full length standard loom and connecting that to the end of the existing factory car loom.
Im doing this in order to keep the factory loom intact (using an adapter board). Im keeping it full length so that later i can use the full loom length to custom make a complete loom from scratch.

I wanted to know 2 things.

1. Would there be an issue with loss of signla strength from some sensors ?
2. For the sensors for cam angle and crank angle that have a shielded wire, where should i be grounding the cable from A7 (shield)

I asked q2 here in another thread someone else started as well.

thanks

Shamil

Hi again

Also forgot to ask

3. what is the recommended thickness of cable for wiring grounds for all my coils (using sequential fire) ?

4. Wiring in a LC-1 should be to output2 from the lc1 right ? Is it suggested to put a fuse in line before the lc1 or power it from the same ignition supply as the link ecu ?

5. . Do main efi relay output and ignition switch output from the standard wiring get connected to the link ?

6. How does it know when the engine is cranking etc ?

thanks

Shamil

The extra loom length should not be an issue, We have done boats and other applications with 5M looms.

Pin A7 should not be grounded at any point it is grounded through the ECU, For a shield to act best as a shield it should only be grounded at one end.

1.25mm will be fine for the coils

I would power the LC1 from the same supply as the ignition or injectors.

The main relay is best controlled from the ECU as it will allow hold power to be set up if you have a stepper. It is critical this is wired correctly as back feeding is a common issue.

ECU knows the engine is cranking when it sees an RPM signal from the CAS

Thanks for the answers.'

Could you just clarify 5 please for me.

Ive taken most of the pin outs from here

http://www.vi-pec.com/original-pages-not-needed/toyotasupravvt-i-v88-adpt.pdf

I see they have noted the following

C9 Ignition Switch - (Linked to C10)
C10 Main EFI relay -ve - (Linked to C9)

So this is bypassing the link right ? And the efi relay would be active as soon as ignition is turned on ?

If this is not correct should i be wiring the ignition switch to an input and then switch the main efi relay from an output of the link ecu ?

Oh and a 7th question please

7. Are there any settings you have or recommend we use for the throttle sensor as my supra is the later model with drive by wire setup.

Thanks alot

It will depend on if the main relay requires a ground or a 12V feed to turn on.

If it needs 12 volts then this can be looped off the key supply to then turn on.

If it needs a ground then it will need a relay to provide a ground when the key is on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Shamil,

The GP PWM output switches to GND and off, so does not control a voltage. The GP PWM table specifies the percentage of time the output is at GND.

What are you driving with the solid state relay? The best frequency will often depend upon the load being driven.

Yes, the Auxiliary output PWM is low side driving.

Cheers,

Scott