Mixture adjustment pot.

Jeremy Towers

Hi. I have a new G4 install on my engine which I will be starting for the first time. I would like to connect an adjustment knob(pot) to a spare Analogue input so that I have a coarse mixture adjustment for first startup. Could someone tell me the easiest way to configure the G4 to do this? Should I add another dimension(ie voltage) to the fuel table? Help appreciated Thanks,Jeremy

Hi Phil I just thought it would be quick to find the right setting using a pot, and easier on my starter than punching in random fuel numbers and waiting for the engine to fire. In the past I have found it to be a useful diagnostic and tuning tool to tell at any time if mixture is rich or lean, especially if there is no wideband O2 sensor and no co-pilot to adjust a laptop. Of course if the mixture pot setting can't be logged, then it is a bit less useful. Are you saying this function can't be implemented on the G4? Regards Jeremy

Hi Jeremy.

You would still have to have something in your master fuel number to start, so I personally would just use that.  Every pro using these systems, and us do it this way, along side an AFR gauge so when it fires you will have it pretty much sorted in a couple mins... Not that much work on your starter really, and adjustment of the master number can be done when the cursor is in the box and you press 'Q' and 'A' as 'up' and 'down'.  

The function you wanted can be implemented, it's just very unorthodox and I have never heard of anyone doing it this way.  Never the less if you wish to continue down this path, just turn on an overlay fuel table and span the supplied voltage across the Y axis of the table.  To find this, select Fuel Corrections, turn on Dual fuel and select Overlay.  Set on the overlay always on, or a DI to switch this table active.  This table appends that cell data, it is NOT an absolute number.

Let me know how you get on.

Jurgen