AIR TEMP SENSOR ON SR20DET

Guest |259|

I'M TRYING TO CONNECT THE AIR TEMP SENSOR ON THE PULSAR SR20DET I'M USING THE V44 PNP

THE CUT ORANGE WIRE IS MAP SENSOR SIGNAL (pin 16) ,THE WHITE IS SENSOR GROUND (pin 17) .the orange wire that isn't cut is 5v. do i connect the 5v to the red wire of the air temp sensor and use the map sensor signal as the ground?[attachment=0]29-01-09_1614.jpg[/attachment]

Sorry, Did not think I had two people on the same subject at the same time..

There are two ways to use the air flow meter wires for the air temperature sensor.

1. Move the wire in pin 16 to pin 15 on the ECU connector. Then select Temp 4 = Air temp sensor from the Analog input menu.

2. Connect a 1k 1/4w resistor from pin 37 on the ECU connector to pin 16. Then select Volt 4 in Analog Inputs as air temp sensor.

***Very Important****

Do not reconnect the air flow meter.

Ray.

i'm a newbie to this ecu i think i have every thing now to start only have one concern whenever i turn my ignition on

the fuel pump doesn't stop .i have to turn the key to off for the pump to stop is there a setting that i need to change also my rpm needle keeps bouncing between 0 &3000 rpm when the ignition is on

The ECU comes with a base map with all the inputs and outputs set correctly. The only change needed is if you use the air flow meter wires for the air temperature sensor. Please send me the map in the ECU so I can check everything is correct.

Is the air and water temperature reading correctly. If not then check the air temperature sensor wiring. The sensor must be wired to sensor ground and to the signal wire going to the air flow meter. This wire should be moved from pin 16 to pin 15 in the ECU connector. If you have this wrong, you could get all sorts of problems.

Also the air flow meter must not be reconnected.

thanks for that info that made the pump stop running constantly however when checking realize we have no spark when we test it we get spark but when the engine is rolling there's no spark .is there something I'm missing here

The plugin ECU comes with the map that will let the engine start. If it will not start then you are going to have to get your dealer to look at the car and find the cause of the not starting. He can also check the pinout is correct for this plugin. If you cannot take the car to him, make data logs of the engine cranking and then send them with the map and pinout to the dealer.

Ray.