Diode D3

Daniel Sluiters

Link V5e Yeah i have opened up my link to remove diode D3 so i can run a boost soleniod. I have located it right by where the main loom plug is but do i have to replace it with anything or just simply unsolder it and take it out, leaving it open? Also a quick questions about boost control. As i adjust it on my hand controller running off aux1, Will it be doing anything behind the scenes? as in changing fuel setting, ignition, zones etc as i change the boost levels or does it just solely adjust the solenoid. Is there anything i need to know before i start playing with it. thanks in advance for your answer ashley

The diode can just be clipped out without replacing it with anything...

Boost control adjustments will not effect fuel or ignition, just control of boost.

The most important thing for using closed loop boost control on those older ECU's is to make sure your targets are not too unrealistic.  If your engine can only produce 1.5 bar of boost at 3000 RPM, then set the target to 1.5 or 1.6 bar, not the 2 bar that you want the engine to run (as it cant!).  Up top end where it can make heaps of boost set the target to what you want it to be.  So, your targets will increase as they go across the target table to the right, then flatten where you want constant boost.

Every thing that is adjustable in PCLink is adjustable with the tuning module.  Your target table is more important than any other boost adjustment.  Have a look at the zone table in the back of the manual to get an idea of adjustments...