DBW wiring diagram

Guest |109|

The DBW requires two signals from the foot pedal and two from the throttle body. This is the standard used in most DBW systems. The wiring for the 1ZZ-FE shows only one signal from the foot pedal, that is linked to one of the throttle body signals. To support this hardware, new firmware may be needed.

VPA and VPA2 are the position signals from the pedal. From a service manual: "The VPA is a signal to indicate the actual accelerator pedal opening angle which is used for the engine control, and the VPA2 is a signal to indicate the information about the opening angle which is used for detecting a malfunction"

5VZ uses basically the same setup, diags info here: http://www.tankota.net/repair/Repair_Ma ... p21202.pdf

There needs to be two signals from the foot pedal and two from the throttle body. No matter how much I look at the wiring diagram I cannot see all four of them. I can see three, with two of them connected together. These can be separated to give you three signals. Still need one more..

Ray.

ok..

I might be confused but I read the diagram as:

Throttle body

pin 1 - M-

pin 2 - M+

pin 3 - E2

pin 4 - VTA2 (secondary, not shared)

pin 5 - VC (supply)

pin 6 - VTA (main, not shared, and only used on Aus cars to the Throttle assembly, other countries have this running to a cable throttle with normal TPS)

Accelerator Position Sensor

pin 1 - EPA (ground for VPA's circuit)

pin 2 - VPA2 (secondary position signal, not shared)

pin 3 - EPA2 (ground for VPA2 circuit)

pin 4 - VCPA (supply voltage for main VPA signal)

pin 5 - VPA (main position signal, not shared)

pin 6 - VCP2 (supply voltage for seconary VPA2 signal)

Which ones do you see being shared between the accel position sensor and throttle assembly?

I'll double check on the next DBW corolla I have come in.

For the OP, here's the pinouts of the accel position sensor plug and the throttle body plug. I'd take a wild guess that the Lotus accel plug might be different.

90980-11144.png

90980-11858.png

thanks, i found the same doco.

I dont really care too much about the wiring back to the ecu as i'll lay in my own harness, i just needed to know that the pins on the pedal assembly did, and same with the throttle body.

i also found i had one for a matrix as well ... its basically the same with different wire colours ...

the FPS is slightly different from your diagram ray, toyota have 2 pots, both take seperate +5 and gnd feeds and return two voltages to the ecu, offset from each other.

the throttle body is a normal +/- 5v

motor +/-

and offset voltages on tps.

taken from an article about a camry ..

"On this Toyota, the APPs (FPS's) are standard 5-volt reference potentiometers. This assembly has six wires; both APPs have their own dedicated power, ground and signal wires. With all of the wires sharing a common harness, manufacturers use various strategies to failsafe the system in case sensor signals should happen to short together.

In Fig. 1 on page 18 you can see that VPAl starts at .8 volt and VPA2 is offset with a starting voltage of 1.6 volts. Also note that in the usable range, VPA2 can hit 5 volts at the top and VPAl is somewhat less than 5 volts. Both sensors are linear and offset; therefore, they should never be at the same voltage (unless they short together) and they retain a linear relationship to each other at all times."

at the end of the day, i have the info i need now to build a harness for my DBW to vipec.

thanks for the info all.

Cheers