Link not turning on fuel pump/or starting

Ryan Richmond

Not sure What version I have. its for a Subaru wrx 2.0 with coil on plug in a sand rail that I bought. having an issue with starting. computer has power and ground with key on but fuel pump wont run for the 2 seconds and wont start. If I turn the key on then off and back on fast it will run the fuel pump and start. checked fuel pump activation wire from computer same result dosent turn on unless key is turned on off and back on multiple times to work. is there internal relay or something on the circuit board that could go bad. I'm a ase certified technician and diagnose these kind of problems every day. This is my First aftermarket style computer. I don't have the cable for laptop yet. I have replace the ignition switch cleaned ground wires. jumped the fuel pump to run all time still wont start. will only start when the computer turns the fuel pump on and runs fine. the guy I got the Sand rail from sent the computer and ignition box out to have checked and said they were fine.

Also with the coil on plug setup and the ignition box what wire can I use for a Tachometer

Thanks For any input or things to try

post-4457-143621567736_thumb.jpg

I would be suspicious that the power is not being totally removed from the ECU at key off.

Check the 12V supply at the ECU headder drops to 0 volts at key off.
The fuel pump drive is driven off a mosfet controlled directly from the main micro. 
Normally the area that gives issues is the actual soldering of the main header to the board on the ECU.
Over time the joins crack due to the weight of the loom on the connector.
The Ignition 3 wire is normally the tacho output.
Attached is the matching manual for that ECU