Semi sequential fuel injection inline 6 cyl.

Eherm

Hi Espen,

We call this 'Multi-point group injection'

Have a look at PCLink Help > G4 ECU Tuning Functions> Fuel > Fuel Setup > Injection Mode 

Here is an excerpt:

In this mode the injectors are fired in two out-of-phase groups. How often each group is fired is determined by the Injection Rate and Engine Type settings.

For example:        Each injector bank will be fired every 360 degrees of crankshaft rotation with the Injection Rate set to 1/2 Engine Cycle and Engine Type set to 4 Stroke (Piston).

Each injector bank will be fired every 720 degrees of crankshaft rotation with the Injection Rate set to 1 Engine Cycle and Engine Type set to 4 Stroke (Piston).

Each injector bank will be fired every 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation with the Injection Rate set to 1/2 Engine Cycle and Engine Type set to 2 Stroke.

Each injector bank will be fired every 360 degrees of crankshaft rotation with the Injection Rate set to 1 Engine Cycle and Engine Type set to 2 Stroke.

When using this mode, the number of active injection drives can be adjusted using the Active Drives setting.  One group of injectors should be wired to the odd numbered injection drives (ie Inj 1, Inj 3, Inj 5, Inj 7) and the other group should be wired to even numbered injection drives (ie Inj 2, Inj 4, Inj 6, Inj 8).

Scott

To refrase my question: How do i set up the triggers on a 2jz gte vvti? The 1jz and 2jz vvti has 36-2 crank wheel and 3 separate teeth on the cam. I heard some guys grinding down 2 of the 3 teeth on the cam to be able to sync the engine on 720 to run fully sequential. Is this what i need to do for  the link g4 Xtreme to?

How will this react when the vvti is triggered, and that tooth of course will move in relation to the crank wheel?

Another guy made his own cam trigger welding a tooth on the vvti cam gear, but there have to be a better solution!?

Or are you vvti guys running without 720 degree sync signal fom the cam, with wasted spark/batch (semi-sequential) injection? 2 groups of injectors if that is the case? Or 3? And in what sequence? And how is this set up in Pclink?

A lot of questions, but i hope for some response :)

Hi

No need to change any thing trigger wise on the engine. We are able to cope with 3 teeth on the cam with the 36-2 on the crank.

Just wire the cam to trigger two and the crank to trigger one and set up as per 1JZ.

This will give full information to the ECU for full sequential fuel and ignition.

Hi Simon!

I did this but engine did not sync correctly when set up as said in the help file.

Helpfile says trigger offset 200 (must check)

But when i checked with timing light (everything set up as the 1jz vvti file says) the crank spot was dead on at 190 degrees, exept that the cams was 180 degrees wrong! I set it to -170 (190-360=-170) The cams and crank was in sync.

This is of course way off the 1jz help file, the enigne started and was all ok but misfired on 4000rpm +load on my tuners dynapack.

Could this timing issue have something to do whit it?

My tuner also said that the cam angle test was off.