4g63t rvr with linkplus ecu

Warwick Knox

Hi Guys I as the title states I have a 4g63t engine from a rvr its basically the same engine as the early evo 1-3, I have a linkplus V14a I think and im at the point of first start up. I am not getting any spark at all when cranking. In the diagnostic display im get a cylinder pulse but no sync pulse and a really high sync error count. I have double check the wiring and im pretty sure I have that correct. The rvr has a different type of cam angle sensor that bolts to the head at the front of the engine as apposed to the rear could this be causing my problems and if so is there an easy fix for it? thanks for your help

Hi Simon I thought I would include some photos of my link if that helps and a picture of the style of cam shaft trigger wheel that the engine uses you can see the highlighted red section round the edge of the trigger wheel runs between the pick up sensor. When you talk of configured do you mean the setting of the dip switches on the sub board? Thanks again

• 1 year later...

Hi Again

I finally have got back to getting this running the car now starts but is missing and backfiring a lot I just wanted to check what the sync/ cyl ratio should be for this application as the diagnostics say it has both signals but the error count keeps counting while the engine is running

thanks for the help