No DI 3 - Subaru V10, Ethanol Sensor hook up

Levon Luther

Am I reading this right - there is no DI3 on the pin out list, even though there is Air Conditioning Request from it? I have a plug in V10 board

Trying to hook up my Ethanol sensor to something, and I dont see anything I can get rid of for sure. Maybe Simon or someone from link can advise what the three bolded items are and maybe correct some of my thinking if I am incorrect.

DI#1 Speed - is this needed?

DI#2 VVT Position - AVCS Cams

DI#3 Air Conditioning Request. This is what I want to use. What pin is it on the Subaru Wiring loom??

DI#4 Clutch Switch - Needed to start the car

DI#5 Brake Switch - Is this needed?

DI#6 Digital Knock Feed Back - Using Knockblock G4

DI#7 Cruise Switch - Only DI 1-6 allow the E85 Sensor; Not needed.

DI#8 Start Position - Needed.

DI#9 Neutral / Park - Not needed in my opinion

DI#10 Cruise Switch - Not Needed

Ideally, I'd like to just delete the speed DI#1 or DI#5 and run my ethanol sensor to it. I am assuming that wont work.

My Idea is that I could move my Brake switch from DI#5 to DI#7 / DI#9 / DI#10, and then wire up my ethanol sensor to DI#5. This isn't the ideal situation because I don't want to swap wires for no reason when there should be a wire somewhere. I was trying to track down where this DI#3 might be located on the pin out.

I appreciate any help offered!

post-891-143621565277_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another Question some what relating to the DIs on the Link platform

I am trying to setup ECU logging, I can use either 'Subaru Cruise switch B'  or ' Cruise Switch' Problem is I dont know which way is which.. The lever goes up,down,in, and there is a button on the end. ... I'm leaning towards cruise switch is the button on the end, but I dont know this to be certain. 

Any help appreciated.