Mondeo ST220 Duratec 30

John Tosh

Recently received my G4+ Xtreme and looking for a bit of help setting it up.

Iv found it uses a 36-1 tooth wheel so no issue there.

How do I go about setting dwell time etc also will I still be able to use the Ford ignition system without the need for a separate igniter.Can I use the stock Maf or will I need to use a MAP sensor and IAT. 

Any other info would be great

Thanks

Hi John,

I have not personally set one of these engines up, and I have no information on whats the cam trigger setup looks like. We have a 'Ford Duratec VTC' trigger pattern, this has a 36-1 on the crank, and could be worth a try for you. If it does not work we will need to get hold of a scope image showing the crank and cam signals to try and see which mode would work.

I'll not sure how the factory ford system works for dwell on your mondeo, do you have any information on it?

You will need to use a MAP and IAT sensor.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi again John,

Not having VVT will make getting the triggers setup a lot easier as the cam (trig 2) signal will not be moving.

Your G4+ Xtreme has a function called Trigger Scope which helps resolve triggering issues. It works similar to a scope, but some of the trigger information will need to be setup first. Have a read of PCLink Help > PCLink G4+ Users Manual > Tuning Operating Procedures > ECU Controls > Trigger Scope 

As your crank is 36-1 I would try starting with the 'Ford Duratec VTC' trigger pattern. If this doesn't work I would try the Multi-tooth missing mode, setting trigger 1 to 36-1 and set the Trig 2 Sync to 'Cam level'.

This should enable you to use Trigger Scope, and then you could save the Trigger Scope output and upload it here.

With the ignitors, if the factory system doesn't have some you can re-use you will need some aftermarket ones. 

Cheers,

Scott