Bug: G4 Extreme can not store trigger setup permanetly

warmup

The Engine is 2JZGTE VVTi, there was no trigger 1 or trigger 2 signal every time after I shut the main power down and tried to start engine again.

Everytime I had to choose one any other trigger mode in 'Trigger setup' menu and choose it back to the right one, or the engine won't start. Once I did, the engine will magically start.

After every power cycle, there won't be any trigger signal at all, and yes I pressed F4 to store it every time before I shut the power down, and PCLink showed that the Trigger Mode was the right one after power up.

It looks like that the 'Trigger mode' setup was stored but actually not.

post-5252-143621563108_thumb.png

post-5252-143621563111_thumb.png

post-5252-143621563112_thumb.png

Dont quote me on this but I have solved similar problems on other brands of engine management by re-updating the firmware and writing the default basemap before reloading the current setup. Also check your software is up to date along with the drivers.

I suspect the ECU will be locking the triggers out due to one of the following.

ECU hold power active

Anti Theft active

Duel ECU mode active

Most likely is ECU hold power.

If you have an AUX set up to switch a main relay you need to have a DI set and working correctly to indicate 12V from the key.

Problem resolved, perfectly, thank you Simon! You guys know your stuff better than anyone else.

Like Simon said, it was ECU hold power related.

It turned out the wiring guy didn't strictly follow my diagram to connect a key switched 12v to Ignition Switch DI, and I didn't realize that Ignition Switch DI is a must for ECU hold power even I have written it in the wiring instruction for him.

Luckily at least I learned something from this issue.

• 4 months later...

Hi 

If you are wanting to use the ECU Hold Power function the ignition switch must go to the digital input as per the diagram in PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Power and Ground Wiring > ECU Hold Power Wiring. Make sure to install the diode as shown in the diagram.

If you do not need ECU Hold power then there is no need to supply the ignition switch position to the digital input.