G4 compatibility with g4+

Ramantanis Dimitris

Are the g4 maps compatible  with g4+? I 'm tryung to open a g4 pcl file but a message that this version of file is old appears on pc links screen. Is there any possibility to run this file or I have to install older version of pc link to another pc in order to open the g4 pcl

A one wire narrowband sensor will need to be connected to a spare AN Volt channel, which needs to be configured as 'NB Oxy'. When you look at the AN volt channel in the runtime values window (F12) you should see the voltage on the sensor changing.

Scott

Hi Dimitris, 

Can you upload your G4 base-map and I will try it here. With a G4+ ECU online I have not had any problems with this before.

A narrow band O2 sensor is set to oscillate voltages only at the stoichiometric ratio, therefore it can not provide the wide range of AFR values that a wideband O2 sensor can. Because of this a narrowband O2 sensor can not be used for functions like Quick tune.

So do I have to tune the map till the oxygen sensor give values 0.45?

I would not recommend tuning an engine off a narrowband O2 sensor. It is possible, but does not give you any information on how rich or lean you are, just that you are. You can buy an Innovate LC-2 wideband sensor kit for much less money than it will cost you if you damage your engine.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16344&cat=262&page=1