Throttle Blip, closed loop gear cut, etc.

mapper

Hi 

First I like to have more GP channels. There are very usefull for fail safe futures like oil pressure, FP, extremly high temperatures etc. I also like to have options for EGT in Input settings (actually setting them as a 0-5V GP device) and inplementation to reduce boost, high EGT's, Knock or other critical engine operation situations. User defined boost correction table would do the job. 

As more other brands i've tuned, as more I really, really like LINK/VIPEC Ecu's. It's just nice, fast and straight forward, also well documented. Keep the great work!

Only thing that I can thought about, and are getting more than more popular is automated throttle blip during downshift, gearbox or paddelshift control, and closed loop gearcut. That's the last steps, which are actually not possible on this ECU's.  like to have an option to autoblipp the DBW throttle or a solenoid while downshift.  Run aux output to drive solenoids for up and downshift. 

-3D table for target RPM and throttle opening during downshift, maybe something which takes gear ratio into calculation

- gear detection from a potentiometer, to allow detection when the gear is finaly engaged. This allows also for full closed loop gear cut, which are better for dog ring lifespan. 

- downshift rpm/DBW limit, to prevent overreving, when Throttle is to long open. also usefull for cable throttle and normal gearbox.

Have a look into Syv... and Mot... how they have done it. Especially first one is quite advanced, but software is a nighmare to work with!

Option Gear-Shift control. I allread thought about a rudimentary way to do it with GP and VirtualAux channel, but we can't integrate enough conditions for save operation. From experience from other systems the follow condition should minimum be taken into the setup option:

- max rpm to allow for downshift

- minimum speed and rpm do allow upshift (must not upshift and cut ingnition while speed is 0 and clutch not pressed) 

- delay before another downshift is acepted (to prevent accidental double shift, on bumpy roads etc.) 

- max throttle below to accept downshift. 

- 

Hi Mapper,

These are good requests. I have a few questions to make sure we get this right.

With the more GP channels do you mean more GP Limit tables?

With the EGT input settings do you mean an EGT parameter for each cylinder that you could then use on a table axis?

Regarding all the other items you've requested, keep an eye out for a G4+ PCLink and firmware release not too far away.

Scott.

just had a flash of insight. We just need a handfull of GP Limit tables for safety features, where we can choose MAP instead of RPM Limit.  

I also like a AFR-Boost safety feature, which will cut boost or RPM if actual boost > "x"kpa  and actual lambda > "x"lambda (or differs more than "x" from target lambda). That nees also a minimum time to activate and minimum TPS to prevent false limit triggering.

There is already a MAP limit tabel, allow to span a Y-axis could be a way. 

Actually that  could be done with a Virtual Aux and a timer in the axis of a GP rpm limit tabel. Thats not that straight forward as it could be, and you run quite easy out of timers and GP tables while you  implemment several safety-features. Except of that I like to cut boost instead of RPM. On all safety features, it's very important to safe an limit activation in the ECU Event logging. Essential find, why the car has lost power.  

A user definable boost correction table will be already neede to allow for more than one userdefinable correciton (actually there is only the Y-axis on Target, an wgdc) 

Hi again,

Good feedback thanks, there are a variety of things you have suggested that would help with what you want to setup, but also for what other people may want to setup. I'll add these suggestions to our list, unfortunately I can not say when they will be done. 

Scott

• 5 months later...

First, great work with the latest reallise! alot of things I mentioned has been implemented, thats great! 

Here are some suggestions, which I would like:

- Tractioncontrol: allow to span a Y-axis that we can calibrate target slip against G-Forces or setting up an 12 position knob switch which alows several target slip settings against speed. another possibility would be several more target slip maps, which can be adjusted over a 12 postition knob. But I suppose, that uses to many Table allocations. 

- separate Boost Gear trim tables. I already use the WG map for 12 position switch, and I like to reduce the boost on lower gears just on some position of the switch. 

- more GP Limit Tables and i would suggest that you write a manual for end users how they can implement Safety strategies with the GP-Tables. Think it's for some people a important criteria for chooising between ECU manufacturer. 

- GPS Logging, it is very helpful to have the position of the car on track in logfiles, to fine tune the car (and maybe the driver) on the track. 

Hi mapper,

I also have been wishing for a lot of what you have asked for.

You just never know what's around the corner with these guys.

New things take a lot of time to create design and make function correctly as well as available space and also processor abilities etc.

As for your different boost by gear , why don't you use the Boost by Gear function that has been around since day dot.

I am all for the GPS input, as sport dash loggers are very expensive.

I am playing with Garmin GPS 10 hz aerials at present reading data from the unit with a STC SERIAL TO CAN device to sniff can data from the unit.

But working out what is what, so far I have no idea.

Regards

Dave.

Yes Dave, I can image how much work are behind, and I love it that bugs on Electronz products are very seldom. Think they invest a lot into testing before release of new firmware. Thats a thing I really appreciate about this products. 

Just read through the first posts on this thread. Seams like some letters get lost or wrong with the transfer of old forum threads to the new forum. Ok maybe it's also my bad english ;-) 

Your experimenting with GPS sounds interessting. Please let me/us know if you found a usefull solution. 

thanks 

Regards Adrian 

Edited by mapper

Regarding gear trim table:

I want gear trim just in some of the maps and not all. The gear trim table are applied globaly to all WG tables. There is no option to activate it just for one WG table and I already use the WG target y-axis already for other things like TPS based boost or turn knob voltage for different boost levels.