Installed the v44 plug-in but.....

Guest |229|

Hi all.

I have a 2000sx - s13 with a rb25det. Has run the engine in that car for 2 years now, both with std ECU and a Apexi FC commander. No issues.

Tryed installing my new v44 plugin today. Went fine, connected fine to my laptop. Calibrated the map, no problems, calibrated tps, no problem, but when setting up the trigger, opto 360 thing, the ecu disconnects when cranking. Have disabled fuel injection, and set test sync to on. I can hear that there is some relay clicking when doing this.

Am I just lacking battery power?

I had similar problems with my s14 sr20det. The problem showed to be too much voltage loss when cranking. Fixed it by cleaning the starter motor and adding a direct power line to the ECCS relay.

Cool.. I will try and make a direct power feed to my ECCs relay.

I could not set the widest slot to 24 manually, it would not remember it when entered. Even if I saved and so on. So tryed to make the test again, but got theese two errors: Hardware block 3 has encounted an error, and after that came Hardware block 2 has encounted an error. But the ECU continued to work, and found the widest slot of 24 itself, and I made a quick save. I clicked ok to the messages. After that I got the car started, and I used ~15min to get a solid idle @ 800 rpms.

After i got the car to idle stable, I tryed somethings out. I get the 2 above fault when i try to use the sync opto360 thing, it still works and finds it, but makes theese errors.

The ECU and software works flawsless besides when i try to auto sync the opto360 thingy..

I am a little confused about one thing though. Should recalibrate the opto360 thing at a higher rpm? Because i tryed, and engine just dies when i set the test auto sync to on. So how do I recalibrate at higher engine rpms?