Mazda Familia BPT w/ G4 Plugin ECU

Jonathan1436215426

Hi there, wondering if anyone here has any experience with fitting the G4 plugin ECU to a Mazda Familia BPT? I'm looking for an aftermarket ecus to gain more power our of my otherwise stock BPT which has an upgraded intercooler off a Supra turbo, 3.0 inch exhaust and the usual air filter. Not looking to upgrade turbo/injectors/fuel supply at this stage (have walbro pump already), but potentially might later down the track. Hoping to gain at least 30 odd KWs at the wheels on a mild 'everyday driver' tune whilst keeping good fuel economy. This will be on a laser FWD conversion. Any dyno curves available with a Mazda BPT tuned with a G4 ECU (or any other Link ecus)? Any Link tuners in Adelaide? Cheers

Hi Johnathon.

I am not allowed to talk increases in KW because this can be very different between vehicles and their conditions, so lets just put it this way.  I don't think it is out of scope to achieve the intended increase in KW with a little more boost ;) 

Fuel economy will be dependant on the style of tune, but it won't nessesarily be more or less economical if you have more power (be prepared for either). 

I don't have a dyno plot, but I will contact our Ausi distributor to see if they have one to show you... They're in Townsville.

Jurgen

Previously Jonathan wrote:

Hi there, wondering if anyone here has any experience with fitting the G4 plugin ECU to a Mazda Familia BPT? I'm looking for an aftermarket ecus to gain more power our of my otherwise stock BPT which has an upgraded intercooler off a Supra turbo, 3.0 inch exhaust and the usual air filter. Not looking to upgrade turbo/injectors/fuel supply at this stage (have walbro pump already), but potentially might later down the track. Hoping to gain at least 30 odd KWs at the wheels on a mild 'everyday driver' tune whilst keeping good fuel economy. This will be on a laser FWD conversion. Any dyno curves available with a Mazda BPT tuned with a G4 ECU (or any other Link ecus)? Any Link tuners in Adelaide? Cheers

Hi Jonathan

I have a dyno sheet for an Astina with a BP engine and 2.5' exhaust and 325hp turbo with a Link G3 ECU. Please send me your email address and I will send it to you.

[email protected]

Regards,

Vern