4agte miss or detonation at high rpm

Josh Nicholson

I have a 4age turbo running 7psi  it was running fine then it started having problems higher in the rpm range it pulls hard then starts to stutter it goes flat then pulls then goes flat then pulls again etc I'm unsure of the rpm as i don't have a rev counter i would say its at around 6500rpm I can smell fuel when it does it so I'm thinking its a spark issue but could be wrong  any help in pointing me in right direction would be greatly apreciated  also is there a working download for the pc software so I can plug the laptop in and see what the links telling me I've got the connector to PC from link but can't find my cd for it . Cheers also wondering is there a update for my link that will allow it to talk to my rev counter the car is a 95 ae111 levin it's all wired up just never worked I think from memory it's a v5 or v6 

Hi Josh,

It is hard to say, it could be that the AFR is not correct, or that your ignition timing is too advanced. You could get a timing light and see what your ignition advance is when the problem occurs.

If you go here http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/pclink-download 

and the go to the downloads tab you will see the PCLink downloads. You will need version 2.5

Cheers,

Scott