Can i do this...?

Guest |229|

Hi all.

On my RB25DET engine can i do this?:

I want to use the AFM signal/ground for IAT sensor. I use AFM signal wire and AFM ground wire to hook up the IAT sensor. In vi-pec software i change, An temp 3 to off, and An volt 4 to IAT ext pullup. But how to calibrate it to match the IAT sensor that came with the v44 plugin?

Can I use An volt 5 (pin 35) as a wideband channel? 0 - 5 votls. I can calibrate this if i can use pin 35. But I am not sure if it is physicaly connected or not in the ecu..?

1. You may find it a lot easier to move the wire in Pin 27 to Pin 36 (Temp 2). That way you can just select NTC for the sensor, rather then having to setup a table to scale the sensor. If you want to use Volt 4 then you will need to add a 1k pullup resistor from the +5 volt supply (TPS supply) to Pin 27. This PDF file has the values you will need to put in the table. http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/pdf/sensors/temperature/NTC_M12-H.pdf

2. Yes you can use Volt 5 for wideband input. Volt 5 is physically connected to Pin 35.

Ray.