Questions about G2 application for Toyota 4.7L V8 (2uz-fe)

Eric Lemoine1436215403

Hello, I am writing today from Florida, USA to inquire about the Link EMS G2. I am currently undertaking a project to where the Toyota 4.7 V8 is being transplanted into the 93-98 Toyota Supra, and was considering the Motec until I was referred to you. I have a few questions that I am hoping that you can help me with. *** Would there be a way to produce a plug n' play harness that mates the Link G2 to the 4.7L 2uz-fe Toyota V8? I have customers lining up for the swap and a PnP make life a lot easier *** Does the Link G2 control the 8 injectors and 8 coils sequentially? *** The 4.7L V8 has coil on plug technology, and also each coil carries it's own igniter. Each coil has 4 wires, +12v switched, ground, 12v IGN, and an IGF line. The IGF line reports back to the ECU that the coil has fired, so this line may be omitted. Will the the Link EMS be able to accommodate the 3 remaining lines to each coil? *** The crank trigger is a 34 - 2, can the Link G2 EMS accommodate for that trigger? That is all of the questions that I would have for now. As mentioned prior, I was originally considering the Motec, or even adapting the AEM EMS I have now to run the 4.7L V8, but from appearances the Link G2 seems to have all of the features that I would need. The goal of the V8 swap is to market the entire swap package w/ ECU to the Supra public as a complete drop in package. As I'm sure you can tell, the AEM EMS rules a majority of the US Supra market, and the Motec is slowly catching up. I am hoping that the Link G2 would be a viable solution to the MKIV Supra to 4.7L TT V8 question. I would also like to provide pictures of our motor build project and of my personal MKIV Supra. I am funding this project and marketing through my own limited funds an it hasn't been easy since everything so far has been produced custom for us. Eric Lemoine TTC Performance Products

OK, our most common ECU we sell is for 1UZFE applications... The G2 will run eight coils and injectors sequentially.  One of our test engine dyno rigs runs a 1UZFE (8 coil motor) using a G2.  36-2 triggering is not a problem, you will need to use the cam sync signal too.  As far as a plug in header goes, we currently do not have one.  If there was substantial demand, and the header plug ws available, we would consider making one, but this we have to be based on a significant initial order.  Do the motors you use have VVT?  If so it may be better to wait until early new year for the LinkPlus G3.  It will not provide much in the way of additional tuning features over the G2, but will have four channel VVt control.

I would appreciate some pics of your conversion, always good to see what people are up to...

Hi Ashley, One motor we are working with is actually VVt-I, however my personal and a majority of the other motors we ancitipate building are non VVt-I. Being that the swap is in it's infantcy, probably not there is not enough demand at this point to justify making the plug n' play, however if you already have the wiring for the 8 coil 1UZFE already figured out, we can just finish the final wiring here since the later 8 COP 1uz is VERY similar to the 4.7L 2uzfe (except for the VVt-I). Would you have the wiring diagrams for the 1uz on your test engine dyno? Here is the link to the pics of the motor build. The build is coming to completion and we'll be needing a solid engine management system very soon, http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388456 Thanks again, Eric Lemoine TTC Performance Products

Well, we can provide a 'solid' engine management system using the LinkPlus G2 for full sequential, or the LEM G3 for wasted spark and group fire (but a bit cheaper), but unfortuneately we have no documented info on the engine wiring.  One of the techs went down and wired it up using continuity tests and stripping back the loom as required.  The motor we have had a chopped loom...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ashley, Quick question or two on the Link G2 for this V8TT application. *** Does the Link G2 have integrated boost control, and if so does it use a standard GM boost solenoid? *** After reviewing the Link G2 pinout, I am having a hard time finding the tachometer and A/C inputs. Where would they be on the G2? Thanks again, Ashley, Eric

Yes it has boost control.  Can use pretty muchly any solenoid you pleas.  At present boost control is open loop (easy to tune and works pretty well), but closed loop will be released as a future firmware update for free.

A/C input is a digital input that you configure as A/C Input through PCLink.  Tacho output is an auxiliary output that you configure as Tacho through PCLink (I think Tacho is only available on certain auxiliary outputs..)