Bosch Knock sensor part no. and PC link software/firmware

Aktar Hussain

Hi, My car (R32 GTR) is running a Link G4 Xtreme ECU and I'm looking to replace the factory Knock sensor with Bosch sensors that will work with the ECU. Can anyone tell me the part no. for the Bosch knock sensor or make and model of cars that are fitted with the sensor so that I can order the parts from a dealer? One more queetion, do I need to change any of the settings to my map if I load the latest version of the PC link software/firmware (ver 4.6.0.601)? Think I read something about the limit settings being different to how they were previously? Thanks Aki

Hi,

Your factory sensor should be fine with the ECU. If you need to replace it because it is broken, contact [email protected] and they will be able to tell you the part number that we recommend. 

Yes you will need to change some settings if you upgrade firmware. There is a list of changes that comes up when you begin the upgrade.

If you are not familiar with tuning and setting up an ECU, it is probably best that this is left to who tuned your vehicle.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Guys.

Here's a preview of what it looks like, but it is currently being put up on the website with details as well.  All i'll tell you here is you will require 4 ANvolt channels (one of which is TPS), and 2 AUX channels to drive the throttle plate. 

I know it is hard to tell the size from this photo so to give you an idea it's 85mm long including the Bosch style plug, 90mm wide and 27mm high (similar enclosure to the Link ignitor).  Details/specs will be up on the website soon.

Jurgen