G3 LEM - Identification of Outputs

Ross Spence

Hi, I'm new to engine management, so go easy... I have a Toyota 3S-GTE engine (MR2) that is currently being run by a G3 LEM ECU, and I'm trying to identify the usage of the output ports so that I can convert the ignition from distributer to 4x CoP. I don't know if the installer has used all the output ports for other functions on the engine. I still have to trace all of the wiring in car, but this is proving tricky. Is there a function within the PCLink software that will let me view what output port is assigned to what? If so, how can these be re-assigned? Many Thanks, Ross

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info. I've re-installed the G3 back into the car, and reconnected everything back to its original configuration with the exception of the wiring for the ignition. Problem I am having is getting my laptop to detect the G3 via PC-Link. It cannot seem to locate / find it. When connected via USB, in Devices, the laptop can see its connected to the G3, but says there are no drivers installed. My laptop is running Windows 7, so are there any drivers I need to download to get it working? I thought PC-Link did all this. As above, this is just to work out initially what pin is used for what so I know where to wire the ignition trigger wires to. Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross

You will need to down load the latest G4 pclink which contains drivers for windows 7. The earlier G3 pclink only supported up to XP. If you run the set up it will install these for you.

On a side not to sort wiring ignition triggers out will not need connection to the laptop as the ignition channels are always wired 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 etc. 

The auxiliary outputs however you will need the laptop connection for.