RB26 P&P speedometer input

Reece Bartholomew

Hey guys i have a link G4 plug and play for RB26 here

Gearbox in the car is a 2 speed powerglide, with a 1.80 straight cut gear set which are quite alot larger than the standard gears, which means that you cant put a speedo in the factory spot

So was looking at this one here,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RPC-250-4165/?rtype=10

would it be possible to hook that up to the factory input of the ecu and calibrate it to work fine? as i want to run it for the speedo input on my racepack dash

cheers

Hi Reece,

That looks like it should work. Where are you thinking of running the sensor off of? You would need to calibrate the sensor in PCLink, but there is adjustment for that, so should not be a problem.

Scott.

I'm not sure what your tail-shaft is like, but there will need to be some type of 'tooth' for the sensor to pick up on. It is a little unclear if that kit comes with one. If you have just one 'tooth' on your tail-shaft you may get unstable readings at low speeds as the rotation speed could change in between the sensor seeing the tooth.

In general it should work fine once calibrated, and if you find the reading too unstable you can hopefully add more 'teeth'.

Scott