Boost control

Ray

Hi,

Had my car tuned - Link G4 - about 2 months ago. I get major creep. Creeps up to 18psi/275kw by around 6k. Had the tuner use the Link boost control and got it to creep to around 16psi/260kw.

How do you guys feel using the Link G4 boost control? My turbo is a hybrid using the stock 7psi actuator.

R33 rb25det - stock plenum/exhaust manifold.

Trying to sort this problem out.

Hi Ray,

If the boost control has been tuned by a professional tuner and you are still getting boost creep then perhaps you need to modify or replace your wastegate setup.  I can not recall any customers contacting me in regards to problems with boost creep, the G4 boost control works well. Perhaps some other G4 users will give some feedback.

Scott.

Thanks Scott - not doubting the built in boost control function.

I tee'd it off the actuator(bypassng the solenoid) and it still creeps up. I get 7psi almost instantly(like before) but at around 5k it starts creeping up to around 15ish. I've spoken to the person who did my turbo, and he reckons I need a better boost control. 

Maybe I might get an r32 actuator(10psi rating) and see how that goes. I havent played with my ebc yet either- Gizzmo MS-IBC.

Fixed. Turns out the backing plate for the heat shield was actually restricting the flapper from opening fully.. which explains my creep. Now I put on an R32 actuator and it holds 10psi solid through.

At the mo - I have the link doing the boost control - How do I use my EBC? 

I have a fair idea - Pull the vacumm line from the ecu, and feed that to my EBC?..? Please advise! :)

Scratch that. 

I called up Tech support and found out I just need to disconnect the loom from the solenoid to the ecu over to the ebc.. pretty simple!

Cheers!

PS - If only the Display link was a bit cheaper I would have gotten one.

I was previously using an Apexi AVCR for boost control and swapped over to a Grimmspeed solenoid and the LinkG4 boost control and I've been really impressed. The LinkG4 boost control setup is pretty comprehensive and can offer some pretty complex tuning options. One trick I discovered with the open loop boost control is to add a map axis to the rpm/duty map and you can create a semi-closed loop boost control - tapering off the duty once it's reached the pressure you want and keeping it maxxed out till it does reach the pressure you want. Very cool stuff and I reckon a real winner in comparison to standalone boost controllers.