The Link Wish List

ashesman

OK, so this forum has been started to get some feedback from our users...  List your ideas and wishes for new prioducts, ECU features etc... here.  No promises that your wishes will be granted, but would give us an idea of what people are thinking...

Dont be shy, if you have a suggestion post it here....

Guest Anonymous

hello, jason from malta, a new lem g3 with an external or maybe internal 5 or 7 bar map sensor would be very attractive in my opinion.poeple in my work shop are asking for it:) thanks jason HIPER DEVELOPMENTS

• 1 month later...

Not sure if the new ECU's have this or not, But is it possible to double switch one output? At the moment for my VVT cam control I use one output to turn it on at 1500rpm and a second output to turn it off at 6000rpm. this takes two of my outputs for one function.

G2/G3 ECU's have programmable outputs.  Among a large list of preconfigured options you can use a general purpose output and configure it to operate with up to three logical conditions.  Eg  Turn ON if RPM > 1500 AND RPM < 6000 AND ECT > 60...  Switch cams on between 1500 and 6000 RPM but only if engine temp is greater than 60 degrees (note that you could leave temperature out and just switch based on the two RPM conditions).

• 1 month later...

We do!  You could fit an LEM G3 that will do the above jobs and provide mapable ignition control.  Just switch the ECU's fuel mode to off.  We sell plenty of these as ignition only computers...  Also gives you the option to replace the carbs with injection in the future should you feel the urge!

How about additional GPO outputs (in addition to what I've seen that is scheduled for the plus G3) Also, some adapters for the 1uz vvti and 2uz vvti engine harnesses (please please please!!!)

OK, so this forum has been started to get some feedback from our users...  List your ideas and wishes for new prioducts, ECU features etc... here.  No promises that your wishes will be granted, but would give us an idea of what people are thinking...

Dont be shy, if you have a suggestion post it here....

Hmmm, LPG3 has up to 24 General Purpose Outputs, how many more do you want?  Chances are that there will never be an adapter for 1/2UZFE as nearly all of them that we see are always fitted as part of a conversion  and have a cut loom.  Thats not to say it will never happen, but I have never actually seen one with a connector still on it!  Does the factory ECU do transmission control?

I'll let you in on a little secret.  The LPG3 actually has 11 Auxiliary outputs...  Is just that our loom is only wirted for eight and the ECU is actually only speced for 8.  The reason is that when we do AdaptaLinks the joiner loom has all pins populated... It also has 12 DI's!  When you ghet to the wiring stage I can supply you with the necessary information to use these additional outputs...

• 2 weeks later...

LPG3 is available for purchase now although it is looking like we will sell out of our first batch well before expected!!!  At this stage there is no expansion box, but the ECU has CAN bus capabilities to allow future expansion modules to be used as they become available...

Running a Linkplus G2, is there anyway we can get the fuel pumps to run for 40 seconds after the engine stops? At the moment the maximun we can get is from 3 up to 5 seconds. We want the lift pumps to continue to fill the surge tank if the carstall's while stopped for refuelling in an endurance race?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PCLink/G3 Wishes: AVCS/VVT map resolution same as fuel map averaging of lambda values in fuel table add-ons colour coding of lambda values based on a target lambda map ability to zoom in and out on the timescale of the line plots in playback DisplayLink Wishes: red backlight on DisplayLink (STi gauge red) instantaneous fuel consumption on displaylink (only need to input injector size and no of cylinders - rest of the data is there) lambda trim on displaylink automatic logging of alarm events (post trigger so you get 30 secs before and after alarm event) download of DisplayLink logs to PC.

In the gauges runtime display it would be good to show an actual digital value under each gauge, also i'm with above "Autotune or Closed loop AFR maps (using wideband)" or it be good to put afr numbers in the fuel table and let the ecu target them instead of pulse width numbers..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just found an interesting feature in PCLink. In "options"-"tables"-"display add-on"-"lambda value" It works fine at idle, but not for driving the car. If you could make pclink to present logged files the same way! Or even better, beeing used to innovative logworks, if we could select max/min values, or number of loggings in that cell. And, if it was possible to cut off numbers where the trottle was closed (selectable), it would make tuning even easyer. It would also be nice to present other values that way, like knock sensor or other.