g3 lem - gp ouputs

kris

hey,

is  there any plans to add more  options to switch the  aux outputs, when setup as a gp ouput?,  at the momet theres %ff, rpm, map,  iat ... etc.  can the analog volt channels be added as well?  voltage 0-5v, gp pressure, wideband  etc?
one extra input would be very helpfull.  for  what i need to do anyway.

thanks
kris

well its something a bit diffrent ..  its a  16v 4age,  with quad throttles.  i have built a  variable  trumpet setup for it.   just 2 stage, long runners for low rpm and short for high rpm.  has a windscreen wiper motor  on a cam setup to rase and lower the runners.  plan is to mount switches top and bottom of the runners, so the ecu knows the position.   then use  rpm switch +   one of the inputs,( one of the switches on the runners to tell the ecu  the position of the runners).  witch will switch a gp output.

but yeh, for now,  i'll use the DI for one switch.  looks like i'll have to ditch the intake temp sensor for the other. and  swtich a resistance onto it
the voltage and/or gp temp  inputs added to that list  would be awsome.

Most intake runners with variable length just switch ON/OFF.  If you are planning to try and have a continuously variable length runner then you will need a closed loop control algorithm like a PID controller or similar.  There are enough conditions for the GP output to have a reasonably clever control of the motor.  Best to use IAT if you can.  IAT is one of the reasons that the G2/G3 platforms have such a stable and repeatable tune.  You request has been put on the "Things people have asked for" list and will no doubt be added one day...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks., good to hear

yeh they are just 2 stage, on/off  as you say. 

had to use the iat input, as well as the di input in the end.   basicly to tell the ecu when the runners are at the top or bottom.  its all up and running now anyway, seems to work well