Clutch switch for Launch control and FFS

Jay Storm

Launch control on a Subaru Impreza running G1 LinkPlus (LPV10): The manual describes the AUX2 as providing 12v when the clutch is released (engaged) and dropping to 0v when the pedal is pressed in. My chassis wiring diagram shows the opposite (starter interlock relay), with 12v being passed through to ground only when the pedal is pressed. Is this the experience of others wiring in Link ECU's on Subarus? I can add a second switch on the pedal, r maybe a DPST switch running both ways to satisfy both systems, but it'll be a PITA within the confines of that area. If I can configure the ECU to operate off a NO switch instead of a NC....I can tap directly into the existing wiring. What say the experts? Thanks, Jay Storm

Trying this again......I realize this is an old G1, but support is support right?. The manual text is very confusing in it's descriptions. For instance, when using a plain old dash switch, it instructs to use a normal open switch, which will close upon activation. This seems very simple to me, in comparison to reading the wacky descriptions of clutch pedal positions, when the clutch is being engaged or released, etc..... Can anyone explain to me why I cannot simply tap into the wire that is on my clutch switch? I verified that it does indeed close the circuit when the clutch pedal is pressed in.....which would be no different than a N.O. dash switch closing when I push it in. Thanks, Jay Storm

Thanks Jay!!!! You saved the day!!! The AUX2 wire tapped into the clutch switch works like a charm......except I don't see a way to adjust the rate or timing retard as spelled out in the manual. It's all good though, I don't need timing retard to spool any turbo and don't make enough power to concern myself with lighting up 4 wheels at once.... This "self-help" G1 forum is awesome, the Link people should check it out sometime! :) Jay Storm

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jay,

Seems your post was overlooked because someone had replied to it! I didn't take the time (till now) to see you had replied to your own post. As to adjusting the rate/timing retard, this function didn't exist on the LPV10, an upgrade to LPV14 would give you this, I have a feeling the manual was written for V14.

-Cameron