Oxygen sensor sensing

johnk

I havea vehicle with 4 oxygen sensors,  it is a V6 with a sensor before and another after each cat in each bank.

The car runs fine when warm running on target AFR as per the tune.

But...when it's cold the idles jumps around all over the place, I suspect this is due to open loop?

If so...what is the best way to implement closed loop sensing on a Storm unit?

Is a permenent wideband sensor a viable way to move forward?

TIA

Good morning,

It will depend somewhat on how you have things set up. Under Fuel Main what do you have the Open Loop AFR table set to?

What form of Idle control are you running?

Many vehicles run fine on warm up with no oxygen sensors at all, there is a large amount of cold start settings, and normally a very good idle can be set up while the engine is still warming up.

Perhaps you could do a PC Log of the problem occurring and then we could have a look at the log to try and identify a problem.

Cheers,

Scott

Good afternoon,

I have had a quick look at your base-map. As you have Open Loop AFR set to OFF and also Closed Loop Lambda set to OFF you are not currently getting any AFR correction at all.

Looking at your Analog Inputs, none are configured as O2 sensors, so the ECU is not seeing any AFRs.

I've also had a look in your Idle control section, although you have tables setup, you do not appear to have any Auxiliary Outputs connected to an idle stepper or solenoid.

Is this the base-map you are running or do you have another one? If this is the one you are running I would advise setting up an idle solenoid on an Aux channel and getting that setup and running well. Once you have a nice stable idle you could then look at introducing AFR trims.

Cheers,

Scott

• 4 weeks later...