no usb connection

rick1436215435

hi, i have a g4+ storm and i can't get a usb connecton any more. i've tried everything in the help section and i still have no connection. i have reinstalled the link software and usb drivers 3 times and i still got no usb connection.

my pc recognize the ecu and when first connected the usb drivers where installed  but when i open the pclink software and try to connect it says "unable to connect to ecu please check that the ecu is properly connected, the power is turned on and the correct com port has been selected.

i checked all of these things, the ecu power is on because the light is burning in front of the ecu. i selected the right com port to match my pc and the ecu is connected as it usaly is.

Hi Rick,

Do you have access to another PC or laptop you can try this on? The other thing you could try is varying the connection rate you are trying to connect at. This is found under PCLink > Options > Connection.

Each time you change the connection rate you will need to cycle the power to the ECU.

Scott

hi scott, thanks for the help.

i've tried it with another laptop and still have no connection. ive tried with both laptop to change the connection rate and with both laptops i can't get a connection (cycle the ecu power each time).

is there something else i could try, about a week ago i still was able to connect to the ecu and since a few days i can't get a connection.

thanks

rick

If you open up your PC's device manager, can you see the ECU in there? If yes, which com port number is it on? If it is on a higher number, and it is possible, try shifting it down to a lower number (below 8 preferably).

Where abouts are you geographically located?

Hello,

I have Win 7 64bit installed and PCLink 5.03 and I have the same problems, I can;t connect. ECU shows in the device manager as above but with a yellow triangular mark, like it is not recognizing the drivers. I tried uninstall/install but no luck.

I have a VMWare with Win XP on my laptop and it works fine. So there is something wrong with the drivers, can you please help?

Hi Rick,

Try the following,

Go to the OPTIONS TAB in LINK G4+ software,

Select connection mode to = MANUAL

Connection Port to = The COMM PORT THAT YOU ARE USING

SET BAUD RATE =  19 200

and click OK.

Retry to connect to the G4 +.

Let me know how you go.

Regards

Dave.

scott can you look at this screenshot??? its from pclink,device manager and configaration sceen.

what i dont understand is, everything worked flawless before and all of the sudden it stopped connecting with the ecu. is this software or hardware related??? i deleted every update from windows  of the past month and still no connection to the ecu.

thanks

Hi Rick,

Have you gone into the LINK folder in C DRIVE or where ever the folder is located., selected the USB Drivers folder and remove/repair reinstall he USB drivers directly from this Folder.

I had issues with a new laptop , with the exact symptoms as you.

I did the above, and also setup the connection as Manual using F3 key and selected the BAUD rate to 19 200 or 38 400.

Once I had finally established connection I was free to setup my connection parameters as I wished,

Regards

Dave

Howdy all,

I seem to be having the same issues as Rick.

Win 7 64 bit laptop (brought for the occasion :) )
Atom G4

ECU powers up (blue light)
I can see the device in device manager, COM 4.
I've matched and mismatched all of the settings to see if any of them work, to no avail so far.

I had an old Lenovo T61 running  win 7 professional which I think can run a 32 bit emulator which would have been sweet to see if it'd work that way but the screen no longer goes after it's second reflow (damn you graphics card!!!!)

So Rick you are not alone, Clubman and I too have this issue and perhaps David though his cleared up (what version win were you running David?). I would suggest it is win 7 64 bit  related.

I imagine many of us would have this set up, I wonder if anyone has it running and can shed some light?

I've got a supplier who it turns out has a stack of laptops sitting around doing nothing.
Oh how I wish I'd known this sooner!
So I'll try 32 bit Win XP and see how she goes.

If it all works then I'll try finding an emulator for the win 7 64 bit and see if there is any love there.
Though from memory, emulators and USB's are often not friends.
Will report my findings anyway, keep your fingers crossed for a solution!

Do any Link blokes gander at these forums?