no usb connection

rick1436215435

Hi Guys

By chance do any of you happen to have a dash connected to the serial port at all.

Often if there is a device connected to the RS232/CAN port on the ECU it can cause connection issues.

I believe there is more going on here than just the problem being Windows 7 64 bit as we have PC's here running this OS connecting to ECUs with no problems. It is worth making sure you are running the latest PCLink (appropriate for your ECU) and have installed the drivers as part of the PCLink install process. It is worth checking your baud rate under Options > Connection, Auto (max 625k) is going to be the fastest.

I use Auto max 250K as it was the default.

The problem is not the baud rate. The problem is that the device manager shows the ECU with an exclamation mark meaning the driver is not correct or at least is not recognized as correct. PCLink is latest version. ECU is a G4+ Storm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am running all LINK, ViPEC , MoTeC ,EMtron, Microtech, etc, etc on Windows 7 64 bit without any issues.

I find it unusual that such a high number of users are having a problem.

If the drivers don't get a clean install you will definitely have issues.

By clean install I mean, the software installs correctly and states so, you plug the USB cable into any chosen USB port available, make sure the connection is firm, make sure the ignition is NOT turned on when you first set this up.

When you plug the USB cable into the USB port on the laptop, listen for the tell tail tone/ noise that is normally generated by connecting the usb to the port.

If you are using a PNP ECU check the middle connection, where the PC lead connects to the pigtail usb lead plugged into the ECU board, I sometimes have to open and reconnect these.

Check your USB PORT is not running in POWER SAVING MODE, I had been caught out with that before also, but was on Windows 7 32 bit.

Read the HELP file thoroughly about communications issues and recheck everything.

Those who still have issues post a list up for Scott or Simon to contact me, I will need your email addresses you will need to download the free non commercial use TEAMVIEWER, in will remote log into your PC and endeavour to fix your issues.

Regards

Dave Kriedeman.

• 8 months later...

Scott,

I'm running a 64bit 8.1 version and this is the first time i've attempted to connect with this particular laptop. I have also checked the device manager and it is showing that the device is working properly.

Dyna Tune,

How do I go about disabling this?

Thanks

Hi Adam,

Can you try the following for me please.

In PCLink under Options > Connection can you make sure you have the Connection Mode set to Manual, and the Connection Port set to the number you see the ECU on in device manager.

Then set the baud rate to the lowest (19200) and click OK.

Attempt to connect to the ECU (F3 Key)

If this fails, open the baud rate setting and change it to the next rate up. Attempt to connect to the ECU as before and keep on trying each connection rate.

If the ECU successfully connects can you tell us the settings that worked for you. Also, I know the other guys who had this problem tried this, but have you tried using another PC?

Scott

Hi Adam,

The ECU sitting in the car with no use will be fine unless something like water gets into it.

Two options come to mind, either your ECU is not powering up, or the ECU is faulty.

Which ECU do you actually have? Many of the ECUs have an LED that lights up when the ignition switch is in the on position. 

If your ECU is powering up (LED coming on) then please send us an email to discuss us looking at your ECU.

Scott