No EBC pulse

Jarrod Power

I have been told by two different sources, a tuner, whom I was unhappy with, and a respected subaru mechanic with around 20 year experience. My current boost control is through a bleed valve from compressor outlet to wastegate actuator. This was setup by the tuner. The EBC system worked fine until a change of turbo (vf12 (std rs turbo) to td05 (96wrx)), and a full changeover of aftermarket ignition coils. The link for RS Liberty 92- (RSROADQ). What can cause this? Is there a fix for it? I don't have a map downloaded of it at all. I can tell you the target boost read from a hand controller was 13.5 psi. (not my hand controller) Thanks in advance

There is definitely a posibility that a fault is present.  It is not common, especially on boost control, but a possibility.  The way to check this is to use an oscilloscope or labscope of some description and check that the output is changing state at the duty cycle displayed for the boost control solenoid on PCLink (or tuning module).  Unfortunately it is the only way to check that the drive is operating correctly.  Best option is to send it to a Link dealer for testing if you are unsure.